Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Need Some Help (default B744 rolls right XP10.10r3)

Hello guys,

my problem is that the default B744 constantly rolls to the right for me. All control surfaces are centered, to make sure that's the case I use the Data Input & Output in XP. Even if I give the plane a left bank attitude, only moments later the plane is banking to the right. This is with XP10.10r3.

I've also reinstalled XP10.02r1 from my DVDs and in that version the B744 flys as straight as it could be.

So if some of you guys could repeat this little test in XP10.10r3 for me I would be very thankful.

1. - make sure you have no winds and no clouds set

2. - you can use the Data Input & Output to check your controls are all centered (see my screenshot)

3. - load the default B744, the engines don't need to run, I find the best way to test for rolling tendencies is to let the plane simply glide its way down to the earth without touching the controls and not having an autopilot engaged of course.

4. - go to the local map, set your altitude to 10.000 feet and your airspeed to 300 knots. Close the map, don't touch the controls and check your flight path when you are down.

Thank you

Marcus

Marcus, is your joystick calibrated?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, it's all calibrated.

This is a confirmed bug, been around since early v10.10 beta's, working with Austin to figure it out.

Looks like a Vstab issue at the moment.

(on the other hand, real aircraft rarely fly straight anyway)

M

This is a confirmed bug, been around since early v10.10 beta's, working with Austin to figure it out.

Looks like a Vstab issue at the moment.

M

That makes sense!

Thank you very much Morten!

absolutely, due to the consistensy of the air. Even on very stable conditions where you have the feeling to "glide through an ocean of oil" there will be always little differences between the left and right wing for example.

But we are not talking about that !

I have observed the above described problem too. And...speaking of reality, If a 747's level looks like this after 2,5 minutes:

it might be returned to Boeing by the customer ;)

Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed, this bug can be found.

so they add more bugs to new update instead of removing some, if something ain't broken don't fixed it.

Evan, it's probably a little more complex than you make it sound. Morten explained, they know of the bug and are looking for a solution.

absolutely, due to the consistensy of the air. Even on very stable conditions where you have the feeling to "glide through an ocean of oil" there will be always little differences between the left and right wing for example.

Right, most commonly on airliners is a slight difference in engine performance, especially on older aircraft. As engines get worn the gap between the

tip of the turbine blades and casing increases slightly which makes it less efficient. The same N1/EPR will give slightly different thrust/EGT

on each engine so rudder trim is needed to make it go straight.

M

...a slight difference in engine performance, especially on older aircraft...

Appologies :/ I didn't think about that, but correct also.