Sign in to follow this  
Sooty332

FSX Activation woes...

Good afternoon,

I've recently taken the plunge and upgraded to FSX from 9, I decided to format my machine and start from fresh as I wanted the best performance. However I am now trying to activate my copy of FSX and I am getting a rather annoying licence authorization was unsuccessful msg.

I have determined the key I am entering is correct as I do not get that error if I change 1 charachter of the key, and my internet connection is obviously working however I have tried now 10 times and still get the same msg. I have also tried a repair install of FSX. Google leads me to a rather vauge Microsoft website where I can download and install a fix however this has made no change.

Is this likely to be a problem at Microsoft's end? I have been trying for the last hour without success, however when I last installed the product alongside FS9 on my old HD it activated fine. I presume I am not limited to the number of times I can activate the product since I purchased it online from Amazon?

Also, I can leave it in trial mode, but presume there are some drawbacks to this?

Oh and I have already tried to 'activate by telephone now' however this just does nothing on my screen, and I understand Microsoft do not longer support this product.

Anyone have any idea's? Starting to go a bit crazy. Tried to search on these forums but if im honest find them a bit cluttered and couldnt locate easily anything of relevance

Have you called the telephone # listed or do you not see one. Maybe this might help -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927007

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

They still will handle activation for this product. Just no more support in the way of patches and such.

There is no telephone number sadly, and that Microsoft article doesnt really give me anything useful to try. I don't know if this is a problem with my product key or my computer? Reluctantly, I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling

Try this ... Might work, Open a new user account, open your fsx directory & double click the fsx exe. It may allow you to enter key codes that way, once/if it does & everything is ok deltete the account.

Good luck

Rich

Try this ... Might work, Open a new user account, open your fsx directory & double click the fsx exe. It may allow you to enter key codes that way, once/if it does & everything is ok deltete the account.

Good luck

Rich

JACKPOT!

Thankyou sir, how very odd. Registry problem with user account?

Im about to install Acceleration now so I will leave the account active incase it comes up again.

Finally may I ask? Are there any other services packs I should be downloading to increase performance? or is the acceleration pack CD the last update for FSX?

Thanks a million again, I can't say i would have ever thought of that

Do not install SP2 if you are installing Acceleration. SP2 makes many, but not all, of the same mods as Accel, but was meant only for those of us who chose not to purchase it. So yes, Accel goes in last for FSX, but before any add-ons.

Regards,

PD