Sign in to follow this  
Steve-2884

MCP Combo, only COM works

Hello,

really stuck as to why I cant get the my VR MCP combo 1 to work with Linda, at the moment only the COM functions work and the CRS rotary with the default Cessna in FSX.

i have read and reread both the manual and the detailed manual by Brian747. and did the following install method:

FSX and Fsuipc (v: 4.853), removed the VR, GUA and LUA headings from the FSuipc ini file. Installed Linda and setup the joysticks, MCP and Fsuipc (com 3, matches com in device manager) and setup up Linda to run with FSX launch (I have also tried just launch Linda after FSX is running)

Following the manual provided by Brain, I haven't installed the VRi software or the serial 2fp (whatever it is called) , just let Windows install the software when plug into USB port on the MB.

I run windows 7 64 bit, with UAC turned off so that there isn't any conflicts.

To try and find a solution i have run the console to find any errors, i can't see any errors there (no red writing), so i look further down after pressing a few buttons and turning a few rotaries.

The heading, speed, alt and VS rotaries don't even register, and buttons pressed such as HDGSEL,HDGHOLD, ALTHHOLD, show in the console as an empty command. therefore i change these to the FSX control in Linda but they still come up as an emtpy command.

any on have any suggestions?

Steve

I'm having the same problem. Any help from one of you experts would be appreciated...especially for the F1 DC-9.

Pappyhep

Hi guys, sorry for your troubles

The heading, speed, alt and VS rotaries don't even register,

what do you mean with that "register"

have you both tried to reassign HDG, ALT etc to your Combos rotaries?

(Please, anything what you do, first do it with the standard FSX planes!)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, sorry for your troubles

what do you mean with that "register"

have you both tried to reassign HDG, ALT etc to your Combos rotaries?

(Please, anything what you do, first do it with the standard FSX planes!)

Hi Gunter

Many thanks for getting back to me, currently i am trying to get this to work with the MS default Cessna.

What i mean is that when I turn them in either direction. LINDA console shows no input into FSX from them (if that makes sense)

Steve

What i mean is that when I turn them in either direction. LINDA console shows no input into FSX from them (if that makes sense)

and have you tried to reassign?

just for testing, one or two functions ... not the whole thing

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hi, looks like the same problem solved in Downloads/NGX.

Try to delete both Project Magenta folder in Folder LINDA and LINDA.cfg

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.