Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Runway or airport Misalignment in P3D

I remember there was a tool for fixing the magnetic variations in FSX that corrected the runway misalignments. Was this done by lockheed?

Because I have all kinds of ILS not lineing up. Aircraft capture the Localizer and the glideslope but it only gets the GS correctly. The lateral is off by 10 degrees in some cases. I just flew into KIAD to 19R and it had me on a heading of 180 and refused to line up laterally. I had a look at the airport with Airport design editor, and sure enough thats what the heading is, but its also perfectly aligned with the runway. So this seems to be the whole airport is off.

Same kinda thing in KSEA.

I read some where there is an alignment checker but cant seem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Try the Flight One Registry repair tool, this fixes the issue in FSX, might work in P3d with or without the Migrator Tool

IF you're flying the PMDG 737, you need to make a change in the FMC setup to "USE" FSX data - I was having problems like you, but only with the "737NG" - made the change and all is fine.

Don't have any issues with the JS4100 or the few others I use for ILS approaches & landings.

cthiggin

IF you're flying the PMDG 737, you need to make a change in the FMC setup to "USE" FSX data - I was having problems like you, but only with the "737NG" - made the change and all is fine.

Don't have any issues with the JS4100 or the few others I use for ILS approaches & landings.

cthiggin

Ok. Thanks, I didnt know about that. The NGX has some issues but the most out of place alignment comes with my MD11,

Ill look for that flight1 registry fix to see if that works.

CYVR LSZH 

Its more than likely a real world current navdata compared to P3D/FSX outdated navdata and magnetic variations. Thats why the NGX uses the FSX data. The F1 repair tool is going to mess things up in the registry pointing it to P3D specially if your running FSX also! It just makes the proper FSX location in the registry and you may lose your addons. That would be my last resort.

Dave, I tried the tool and it fixed most of my issues, I did a flight last night and there was a small deviation in a stock default P3D airport but most others are gone.

I don't use fsx anymore so I can't tell you if the use of the registry repair tool would mess things up for fsx or not.

I see you fly for fedexvac?

Maybe this helps, for either sim:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Magvar Data.

Thanks! thats what I was looking for. I did it for FSX and it worked great. I think I can copy most files over from FSX since its virtually the same and then verify it with those tools.

Dave, I tried the tool and it fixed most of my issues, I did a flight last night and there was a small deviation in a stock default P3D airport but most others are gone.

I don't use fsx anymore so I can't tell you if the use of the registry repair tool would mess things up for fsx or not.

I see you fly for fedexvac?

YesI think your right. The registry tool will probably mess it up. Im liking P3D much more because of stability. My FSX crashes too often and havnt been able to pinpoint it after all the fixes and troubleshooting. Im tired of it. And it screwed up many VAFS flights crashing while on final after a 7 hour flight. UGH. The VAFS saved file doesnt work well with PMDG.

Yes fly for FEDEX VA. And Eastern. I have a spinal disability so I have to lie down and I have the computer set up near the bed thus the time. lol

Although my PMDG autopilot dont behave very well in P3D. They dont listen too often to my inputs. Weird.

Ill give all these tools a try and see what happens.

The world navaids installer i think has to be done with the P3D migration tool as its only for FSX

CYVR LSZH 

I use what Word Not Allowed recommended and see very little issues, if any anymore. I believe Ryan @ PMDG recommened it also. Its not just PMDG, its any model using RW navdata. It may be a little challange installing in P3D if I recall. If I can do it, a cave man can. :)

BTW, I also use their default Navdata updates.

Thanks! thats what I was looking for. I did it for FSX and it worked great. I think I can copy most files over from FSX since its virtually the same and then verify it with those tools.

Cool! Glad that it worked out!

Nowdays, very hard to know which stuff is for what, there is just too much, and this was just a lucky guess. It is one of the things I simply install, without really thinking about it...

Cool! Glad that it worked out!

Nowdays, very hard to know which stuff is for what, there is just too much, and this was just a lucky guess. It is one of the things I simply install, without really thinking about it...

I guess I shouldnt jump to conclusions so quick. Just did a test flight around the airport in this case KIAD in my favorite MD11 and captured glideslope and localizer no problem but had to realign manually. On landing I was heading 191 deg with the runway 19R. but for some reason the lateral ILS wont lock on with the autopilot.

Anyway I checked with Aiport designer and the whole airport is still 10 deg off.

The navaid installer said it made all the changes and I went through each bgl file in the scenery directory.

Can you or someone confirm and do a landing in KIAD or slew at least and see how your lineing up?

Maybe its an aircraft bug using p3d.

CYVR LSZH 

I just flew into KIAD using AirHauler. Lined up GPS WAAS apr rwy 01L. Landed in a pasture with a bunch of cows and cow _____. :)

I promptly downloaded an updated KIAD airport AFCAD! May be worth a try. the default FSX KIAD has no 01L or 19R though your modern nav device does. I havnt looked at P3D but assume its the same.

I just flew into KIAD using AirHauler. Lined up GPS WAAS apr rwy 01L. Landed in a pasture with a bunch of cows and cow _____. :)

I promptly downloaded an updated KIAD airport AFCAD! May be worth a try. the default FSX KIAD has no 01L or 19R though your modern nav device does. I havnt looked at P3D but assume its the same.

How is that possible. I have the latest charts and one is for 19R. My FMC has somewhat current airac (couple months old) and it has the 19R selection. I think 01 is on as well.

Anyhow I just tried the NGX and its way off and had to abort autoland and do it manually to line up. Kind of annoying. If i was in IFR conditions this wouldnt work.

So its not the MD11. And KSEA I had same problems. You would think that LM would have made sure this is all up to date with alignments as they are promoting a training product. Not sure how your going to train landing in cow pastures.

CYVR LSZH 

I cant say positively for sure but thought I had read that the data is all the same as FSX is. They just added some things like military bases etc. So if airports and outdated ILS are in FSX they more than likely are in P3D.

KIAD modern is 19L 19C and 19R/ 01R 01C and 01L. FSX is only right and left. So if you choose 19R, in your FMC the FSX/P3D equivalent isn't there. You need to Choose 19C to land on FSX/P3D 19R..... :)

Always wise to crosscheck P3D data to RW data. I use FSCommander for this.

I have the same thing in KIAD. I just tested with the NGX, placing myself on 19R, and while sitting on the 19R, my FMC shows that the runway should be on the right side. This is a typical problem with newer AIRACs and old FSX AFCADs, I believe.

As I exclusively fly addon sceneries, I never encounter such problems, because addon sceneries always make sure everything is right.

This is what happens, not able to lock the ILS or anything: