Sign in to follow this  
neon123678

American Airlines 777-300ER

I always thought the Continental scheme was a yawn, now it just says United instead, totally boring.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Well, let us see what happens with the new paint scheme since US Airways is talking about buying AA out..I can't even imagine how that combined US Airways and AA paint scheme would look...yuk!

Well, let us see what happens with the new paint scheme since US Airways is talking about buying AA out..I can't even imagine how that combined US Airways and AA paint scheme would look...yuk!

Uhm, it actually already happened...

Uhm, it actually already happened...

Well I haven't looked into it for a while so didn't wanna jump into conclusions. Is it finalized? And I really can't see the combination of those two paint jobs looking good...unless they do something totally off the charts...guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Well I haven't looked into it for a while so didn't wanna jump into conclusions. Is it finalized? And I really can't see the combination of those two paint jobs looking good...unless they do something totally off the charts...guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Well, it's not "official" yet but a friend of mine who is a pilot and lives in LA, talked to some US Airways and AA pilots and they said that it is already a sure thing to happen.

I read an article in Time a few weeks back that the new company will be AA. The AWE brand will go bye-bye. Can't say I'm sorry to see them go, I've had horrendous customer service every time I've flown with them. Hopefully they don't drag the AA name down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Unlike some of the people here, I actually like all three of the latest United liveries. The early orange (Rainbow) one was quite ugly, but I really liked the business-like quality of Battleship Gray. While the blue of Tulip was slightly too light, it nevertheless looked quite beautiful. While I initially strongly disliked the Continental livery, I now think it makes the fleet—particularly the regional jets—look very clean and professional.

Unlike some of the people here, I actually like all three of the latest United liveries. The early orange (Rainbow) one was quite ugly, but I really liked the business-like quality of Battleship Gray. While the blue of Tulip was slightly too light, it nevertheless looked quite beautiful. While I initially strongly disliked the Continental livery, I now think it makes the fleet—particularly the regional jets—look very clean and professional.

I'm with you on the Battleship Gray thing. They looked sharp, clean, and official. I guess a little too 90's for the forward motion of the company into the 21st century.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Exactly how I feel about those old liveries. I also liked the British Airways Landor colors and the old US Airways livery, but I can see why a switch was necessary. I do not think that the new ones are bad either.

Well don't worry.

If the inevitable happens, you'll probably never get to see many Boeings with the new livery.

If you Follow the discussions on Airliners.net forums, It looks like the Heavily Airbus Biased US management team will take over....

Looks nice, but I think it resembles the livery of Aeroflot too much. The font also seems to lack authority/stability. Overall, while I think it looks nice and modern, I'd like it better if it was a bit lighter.

Back to the video, what's up with the forward landing gear? Does it not retract?

Mario Di Lauro

Back to the video, what's up with the forward landing gear? Does it not retract?

I may be wrong, but I want to say that I've read somewhere that it's normal for them to leave the gear down during test flights.