Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Nav Lights

Can someone please tell me which one of these are the NAV lights red/green? I would like to swap out the lighting effect since as usual with Carenado, you can barely see the lights on...

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 4, 4.00, 0.00, 1.00, fx_vclightcarcnB

light.1 = 10, 4.40, 0.00, 2.90, fx_vclightcarcnbB

light.2 = 10, -1.80, 0.00, 4.00, fx_vclightcarcn2B

light.3 = 10, -5.50, 0.00, 3.85, fx_vclightcarcn2B

none of them. They have been made part and parcel of the model as I understand. No more swap out's unless you can get carenado to supply us the model in raw. (your chances for that = 0% - even if you might knew the developer personally and even then I dont think it will ever be released to an "insider")

there i sno entry to exchange the navlights, it seems "hardcoded" to the model, you have to add two lines yourself and "overlay" the new ones over the existing lights.

Maybe a good starting point is to use the entry of the C90B (if you have them) and adjust the numbers to allign them.

Hard way but can be done I think!

Great this s**t keeps getting better and better....................

I´ll try it the next days, I hope to find the time ... was thinking myself of makeing them a bit more bright.

yip overlaying might work. lets just hope the coding was done to work with teh standard FSX variables. I also see carenado is doing a lot of custom coding these days. That means if they use different variables you might switch of "nav" light switch in the vc, but only their modeled lights is being switched of instead of their light and your overlayed lights.

Thanks for trying it for us.

yip overlaying might work. lets just hope the coding was done to work with teh standard FSX variables. I also see carenado is doing a lot of custom coding these days. That means if they use different variables you might switch of "nav" light switch in the vc, but only their modeled lights is being switched of instead of their light and your overlayed lights.

Thanks for trying it for us.

The C90B had the same coding ... even all of my custom made LUA scripts for the C90B work without editing "right out of the box" for the B200 too, so we should be lucky ... it just takes time to fiddle out the parameters!

FYI: the C340 allready had some custom lights like the strobes in the tiptanks ... so this ís nothing big "new" for Carenado. The B200 Navlights are pretty dimmed and small so overlaying and "overlighting" should be working.

Can someone please tell me which one of these are the NAV lights red/green? I would like to swap out the lighting effect since as usual with Carenado, you can barely see the lights on...

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 4, 4.00, 0.00, 1.00, fx_vclightcarcnB

light.1 = 10, 4.40, 0.00, 2.90, fx_vclightcarcnbB

light.2 = 10, -1.80, 0.00, 4.00, fx_vclightcarcn2B

light.3 = 10, -5.50, 0.00, 3.85, fx_vclightcarcn2B

thanks andy for your effort

I fiddled arround with some values.

Here are the needed entries:

[LIGHTS]

light.4 = 3, -0.50, -26.71, 1.14, fx_navredcardose

light.5 = 3, -0.51, 26.68, 1.14, fx_navgrecardose

light.6 = 5, 12.90, 0.39, -1.54, fx_landing

light.7 = 5, 12.90, -0.39, -1.54, fx_landing

light.8 = 6, 12.95, 0.0, -2.02, fx_landing

light.9 = 7, 0.06, 26.25, 1.12, fx_landing

light.10 = 7, 0.06, -26.25, 1.12, fx_landing

Just paste right down below the Lights section in the aircraft.cfg!

I added the "normal" carenado navlights and brighter lights to the Landing, Taxi and Recog lights. You can simply exchange the fx-files with shockwave lights, just leave the coordinates in front!

If you just want the navs , just copy/paste light.4 and 5 !

Have fun!

Oh man, I am so enjoying these two KingAirs! :wub:

Looks great! Many thanks!

I actually prefer light 9 and 10 to be coupled with the landing lights (=5).. not sure how realistic

that is..

Bert

For anyone who is interested, here are my changes to add the Shockwave strobes;

light.4 = 2, -0.50, -26.71, 1.14, fx_shockwave_strobe

light.5 = 2, -0.51, 26.68, 1.14, fx_shockwave_strobe

light.6 = 2, -25.30, 0.0, 2.4, fx_shockwave_strobe

Hi,

just curious if the blink timing of the shockwaves will match the Carenado strobe-timings as they are hardcoded to the model ... you can overlay them but carenado´s will blink too , don´t they ?!?

I have a problem with the knobs on the overhead panel. Some cabin lights don´t work. Anyone have an idea about this problem?

Not all of the knobs on the overhead are modeled. -- Jim :-)

Jim Parkinson