Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

I PAID OVER $40 FOR THIS!?!?!?!

WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!

Ha....I bet there was a few that clicked just to see a rant. Well, nope, not at all. I can't believe the night and day difference!

This combined with REXE for textures is just wow. I have never used a dedicated WX engine before, and I am now sad about never having experienced it before.

Here is what made my jaw drop. As you may know...a big difference from using the built in FSX real world weather....and going to this!!!

Thank you OPUS team!

BE200OPUS6.jpg

BE200OPUS9.jpg

2012-10-24_21-29-2-909.jpg

BE200OPUS8.jpg

BE200OPUS3.jpg

Pray tell us more. What does it do exactly? This can be used with REX essential? Any performance hit? Looks interesting :)

Opus uses real world weather reports and it covers close to 600 square miles around your position. You can use whatever textures you would like and there isn't any performance hit whatsoever. It has has/will revolutionize weather depiction in FSX.

The developer has created an algorithm to smooth weather transitions from one station to another, there is the odd "popping" of textures from time to time but the occurances are becoming few and far between. The developer is constantly working on the program, there are updates provided nearly on a daily basis.

Just today I was flying into an airport on finals and there was heavy fog, it took forever to get through it, so much so that I thought my computer crashed. I finally did pop out from under it just a mile from the airport and I was grinning from ear to ear.

\Robert Hamlich/

I used one of my other weather engines yesterday because I wanted some historical weather (otherwise all my flights in the Americas wind up at night). It made me realise how good this is. No flashing sky. No weather changing induced stutters. Winds aloft and being able to use weather from up to 18 hours previous, and I'll be happy. Not to mention people who answer any question. And I was a sceptic at first...

It is insane. The weather, once you start the engine loads within like 30 seconds for me, then I forget about it.

I forget about it because I see no flashing, no stutters, no green bars, nothing.

I look up METARS for the area I want to fly in, load my Sim up, and fly...the METAR matches, every time, perfect. Maybe 1 or 2 knots or degrees are off, but I mean perfect.

No effect at all. Fog is fog....plain and simple. Take this shot for example.

2012-10-24_21-31-58-436.jpg

Can you see the runway????? It just jumped at me....it was insane, I had never seen that before. True Sim instrument flying. Clouds don't move out of your way, or swirl around you, you just plow through them.

It is insane. The weather, once you start the engine loads within like 30 seconds for me, then I forget about it.

Definitely a class act, from the developers,Stephen and Cheryl.

It was the best money I have spent in recent memory!

Regards. :hi:

I definately need to get this and REX. Thanks for the heads up!

Ryan

Great product and the customer service is absolutely exceptional aswell.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!

Ha....I bet there was a few that clicked just to see a rant. Well, nope, not at all. I can't believe the night and day difference!

This combined with REXE for textures is just wow. I have never used a dedicated WX engine before, and I am now sad about never having experienced it before.

Here is what made my jaw drop. As you may know...a big difference from using the built in FSX real world weather....and going to this!!!

Thank you OPUS team!

Hey William. Do you have this texture theme posted in the share feature in REX Essential? If not, care to share?

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can anybody compare this to Active sky 2012? I mean, I have no issues with AS2012 at all, so why should I consider this one?

Stephen, how will I best proceed when flying VATSIM with Opus WX to get correct weather? Thanks,

23.png

I did a check yesterday with some friends, and OPUSFSX is way better, and much more accurate then AS or REX. Above EBOS I saw a nice front over England, and behind me towards the Netherlands. Cloud coverage was as on a dutch weather site. Then the AS and REX more or less gave the same but very different result. Scattered clouds everywhere!, in all directions. No hint of a front, no overcast. just 'randomly' placed scattered clouds.

OPUSFSX is just amazing in the correct way of presentation of fronts, metars and visual aspects.

Its time to forget AS or REX, since they absolutly dont come near the real coverages of weather fronts.