What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- 50+ minutes left to buy Flight Factors 757 for X-Plane 10
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
PMDG 737NGX with Windows 8
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 AM
Any colleague in this forum tested our wonderful PMDG 737NGX with the new Windows 8 plataform ?
Any feedback is welcome because I am really curious as Microsoft completely changed their system to be more friendly with portable devices so I have no idea how it affect desktops and notebooks.
Other 2 points : how about sound and video drivers compatibility nowadays ? How about PMDG license ? Will it get lost when upgrading to the new system ?
Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:21 AM
In this exactly moment I am upgrading to Windows 8 Pro with the option to maintain current settings and docs (not clean install) because I want to maintain FSX SP2 and PMDG SP1c licenses.
My notebook is a Samsung RF511-SD3 Intel Core i7 with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, video card GeForce with 2 GB dedicated memory, blue-ray drive and 15.6 inch led display.
I will post results as soon as it finished.
Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:24 AM
Just finished the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. It was fast without any issues. FSX and PMDG seems to be working fine and maintained all settings I left before the upgrade.
FPS before locked at 40 now is fluctuating between 30 to 35 but it is good enough. Outside view of land, sea and skies seems to be better to me.
On end of November 2012 Samsung is promising to release personalized upgrades to all my notebook hardware for Windows 8. However when installing Windows 8 it recognized all my hardware and installed succesfully the drivers.
Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:48 AM
If you get better in terms of graphics improvement after your clean install please let me know so I will go to the same way. I performed the easiest way because I would not like to install everything again (it would take several and several hours because I have MS Office, DVD burning programs, etc...).
Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:46 PM
Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:29 PM
Have you tried using the uiautomationcore.dll fix? And welcome to Windows 8! The best OS ever! [/sarcasm]
I did a completely fresh install of FSX/Accelerator AND 737NGX. FSX works fine until I install NGX. Program crashes every time I end flight or close program. Also, the "countdown" doesn't work nor does the 2D panel. I've tried to reinstall several times with same results. I do have SP1c installed. When I removed NGX, FSX works fine. Never had problems before I moved to Windows 8.
Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:16 PM
I made some changes with Nvidia Inspector and now FSX is locked again in 40 FPS. It was not necessary to make a clean install of Windows 8.
I took advantage and also made some changes moving to 16xQ CSAA and I have used Inspector to lock frame rate to 30 FPS. Now I am quite satisfied as images are much better in terms of quality (especially in 3D). Thanks to Ryan Maziarz tips in General Forum.
Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:01 AM
Other than FSX was about the same as Windows 8.
One major issue was that the Saitek controllers would dissapear randomly esp. if I loaded a new flight.
When I set to Windows 7 compatibility mode it seems to have resolved this issue.
FPS was about the same so no real advantage to using it compared to 7
Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.
Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:43 AM
Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 AM