Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Memory is getting lesser and lesser with the NGX

Hi everybody,

Two things has come on my mind. Winter is closing in and my room temperatur has dropped quite a bit makin the CPU and graphiccard in the 55c on fully load(I7-950@4,2-HD58701GB ATI) . At sommer time ASUS is reporting that they run at about 64c. I am telling my self everything is running smoother in the winter time but its hard to tell if its just imagination.

Lately (summertime) i have had a lots of Out of memory everywhere around the Globe even with Autogen back on Normal 1024 textures and LOD at standard 4.5. Now here is the tricky part.

Today for instance i was flying over Germany with LOD 6.5 and HD4096 with same setting as usual (UT2 traffic 20% Autogen Normal , medium clouds at 112km landing in Aerosoft MEGA airport EDDM with heavy snow and my VAS never whent over 3.500.000????

Normally i would never get on ground without a OOM with LOD 6.5. In fact this was just a couple of testflights with LOD6.5 in germany

I am starting to believe that flightsimulation is a wintergame :-)

Is there anybody out here who experience better performance in winter?

PS!

In this test period only this has been changed in FSX.CFG

Graphics:

ForceWindowedVsync=1 (but unlimed frames in FSX)

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TERRAIN:

LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

fsx IS an official wintersport. I am surprised you didn't know, lol.

Seriously, it is hard to imagine vas is temperature dependent.

Continuous OOM with1024 textures and LOD 4.5 is rather strange. Do you have any other cfg entries that can be questionable?

VSync and framelock have anything to do with memory? I cannot help on that, but I will follow the thread with interest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

did a flight today with LOD 6.5 and 4096 from EHAM-EGLL with NO OOM. #####??? something isnt just right. THIS was not a option a month ago. this must have something to do with Temperature

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

THIS was not a option a month ago. this must have something to do with Temperature

Or maybe in the intervening time you've installed something that is quietly chewing away at your machine's memory? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you may find this thread of interest —

http://forum.avsim.n...apidll-patcher/

I don't have OOM problems myself so I haven't tested it, but you might feel like giving it a try, to see whether it helps.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg