Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

You are correct, the overall changes to display affect everything, and this is an issue.

I will take another look at this because I found out that the modifications I made, while working well for FSX daytime, resulted in terrible nighttime flying.

Thanks for your followup.

I ended up making two different settings files -- One for day and one for night. There is a preset option to jump between settings, but I've yet to look into that feature.

This injector seems to be pretty stable, and I'm able to use it with certain complex add-ons with no CTDs.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I decided to share my settings. One for day and one for night. The day file makes shadow areas a little darker and washes colors out just a bit. The night file has a stronger "de-saturation" effect and makes nights a bit darker (something I was aiming for to make for a little more realistic effect at night). Typical ENB users will appreciate the day settings.

Day Settings

Night Settings

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Been using this for quite some time now and overall I'm very happy with the effect!

One thing thought that I would like to change if possible is during daytime I'm very happy with the effect except for one thing...the white clouds get almost too white and bright...almost blinding you. I guess this can be the case IRL too sometimes depending on the current weather conditions but does someone know if it's possible to decrease this effect without effecting everything else too much since it's only this thing with the too white/bright clouds that bothers me?

I looked through the settings file but quickly realized I don't even know where to start to accomplish what I'm looking for. Below is what my SweetFX_settings.txt file looks like:

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
 /					  Choose effects						 /
 '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN   0 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM		 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR		   1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX		   0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP	   0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE	  1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES	    0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA		 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE	  0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER	    0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/				  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings			    /
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12		   // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16	  // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0	    // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.
// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1	    // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/					   LumaSharpen settings				  /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.60   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035
// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2	    // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
					 // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/					   Bloom settings					    /
#define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 1.446	 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/					    HDR settings						 /
#define HDRPower 1.30  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2  0.87  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/					  TECHNICOLOR settings				   /
#define TechniAmount 0.11	    //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define TechniPower  2.8		 //[0.0 to 8.0]
#define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/					  Cineon DPX settings				    /
#define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.
#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/					  Lift Gamma Gain settings			   /
#define RGB_Lift  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/					    Tonemap settings					 /
#define Gamma 1.0	    //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones
#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure
#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation
#define Bleach 0.00	  //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors
#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/					   Vibrance settings					 /
#define Vibrance 0.15 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/					    Curves settings					  /
#define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want
// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7	  //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/						 Sepia settings					  /
#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower  0.11				    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower 0.58				    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image
 /					   Vignette settings					 /
#define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 8	   //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/					    Dither settings					  /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.
//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/					 Splitscreen settings				    /
#define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

Richard Åsberg

I love the tweakability of SweetFX, with a little bit of work it can be set up exactly to your personal taste. I for one am using it mostly to get rid of the somewhat hazy, desaturated look of default FSX. Here's a before and after in DX9:

Pretty minor. In fact, seeing them like this might even make you want to double check if they are not the same images, but just right for me. It does seem to be more stable in DX10 for me though.

Care to share your settings?

Edited by firehawk44
Removed photos from Quote - not required

Richard Åsberg

OK...played around with the settings file a bit on my own now and to keep the effect SweetFX gives when it comes to contrast and colours but still try making the clouds a little bit less blinding I ended up with...

...disabling Bloom which helped a lot (and understand this will probably also help increasing the FPS a bit)

...disabling Vibrance since I couldn't see any difference having in enabled/disabled

...enabling HDR and changed the values to:

#define HDRPower 1.50

#define radius2 0.85

All other features/effects are disabled so ie I only have HDR left enabled with the above values. To me this gives what I believe is a fairly good compromise between the effect but still without having the clouds (or other white/bright parts of the screen) almost blind you during daytime. Should also mention that this is on my Samsung 40 inch LED TV and obviously what these settings look like will vary depending on your monitor/TV and it's settings and last as many others already mentioned of course the taste is always different what looks good/realistic.

Now I'm off flying and stop tweaking, don't want to end up in the eternal tweaking FSX loop again :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Has anyone got this to work with multi monitor setup?

I have a surround (3 monitor) + 1 for the reality xp Garmin. Everything looks very good in surround..But as soon as I move the GPS to the 4th monitor (Logically the second monitor), it quits on me. But when I loaded a saved flight, it loaded properly in all the monitors... But major major FPS hit.

Manny

Oh boy...I am in 5-10FPS Territory

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Many thanks for that information.-)

Just to make sure, and ask one more time...

Is anyone using FS in windowed mode with more than one screen?

I am using open cockpits V3 FMC and the fmc is a second screen and I need to undock the cdu in VC and drag it to the fmc screen...

Thats when my FPS drops to be steady at 4... from about 25... and this only happens with SWEETFX...

Has anyone got a similar setup to work?

:)

Same issue here

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This works great! No fps hit at all. Still using ENB and tested with David & Jean Pauls settings from earlier in the thread. Was to excited with the results to read further into the post.

Davids

DavidSweetfx.jpg

Jean-Pauls

JeanPaulSweetFx.jpg

Both really good. Davids of course as he stated has barely been adjusted. But it still looks good. Jean-Pauls I can't stop starring at lol.

These both are in full screen mode with a 30fps limiter. Also using the Shade 30 mod. I should probably let those rebuild since adding this mod.

Also using the Shade 30 mod. I should probably let those rebuild since adding this mod.

I think I read about Shade payware, what does 30 refer to?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Care to share your settings?

Sure, I'll post them here later today with some extra screenshots.

Sure, I'll post them here later today with some extra screenshots.

I already found new settings I'm happy with (see a couple of posts back) but thanks anyway :-)

Richard Åsberg

Just started using SweetFX today since I moved on using DX10 and tried all Presets made.

Then I modified one who looked the best on my pc.

This one will be my Cloudy Preset.

Now I am going ot make a Sunny Preset.

Looks good up to now and no issues.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Gerard, do you still use a lot of screens? and is yes how is it working with it ?

Loss of fps? works on multi monitors?

Do I need Bojote's Shader3.0 mod for this to work?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |