Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

I get CTD's in the NGX with SFX on with no errors at all, any ideas?

Ya me too, I just deleted all the SweetFX crap and its fine now, bugs me though I really really love SweetFX

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ya me too, I just deleted all the SweetFX crap and its fine now, bugs me though I really really love SweetFX

A bunch of us have reported this already, it's interesting how, for some SFX seems to work great and ENB causes CTDs etc....for me it is exactly opposite.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I started with ENB because I wanted my nights to be dark. I forget now how many different versions I tried and how many hours I spent tweaking. But none of them gave me a full 24hr coverage. The effect with ENB however was far from subtle and on my rig it also gave me some odd crashes.

I then discovered FXAA which I managed to set up to give me the full 24hr cycle. I keep it subtle but it adds vibrance where none was their before and makes my nights night.

It never gets switched off as its on by default. I use it in Eyefinity and with the NGX the NGX also changes the shaders somehow but coupled with FXAA the results are amazing. Because I've not suffered from major loss of performance (yes you do get a hit but without it FSX is bland) and have not had a single crash I'm very sceptical as to what SweatFX adds to the party for me.

Because everyone's machine is a little different and everyone's view of the world is set up to their liking its just great that these things exist because FSX looks better for them. So if you haven't tried any of them it's because you like FSX as it is.

I started with ENB because I wanted my nights to be dark. I forget now how many different versions I tried and how many hours I spent tweaking. But none of them gave me a full 24hr coverage. The effect with ENB however was far from subtle and on my rig it also gave me some odd crashes.

Have you tried this guy's 24 hour ENB config?

Have you tried this guy's 24 hour ENB config?

Yup didn't do it for me! Maybe it's because I use Eyefinity on 3 monitors the effect was far to intense for my liking. No matter how much I fiddled and even made my own image files I couldn't get the 24hr cycle to work for me. When I eventually managed to get night looking ok ish the day time effect was overpowering.

For some odd reason, FSX will not start up with the d3d9.dll provided in the SweetFX Package. Instead I get a message saying the FSX can't load all components, and telling me to repair FSX and then restart. As soon as d3d9.dll is removed, FSX runs normally again.

After some experimenting, it would seem that FSX has an issue with the file when it is named d3d9.dll. If I change the name to anything else, FSX loads fine but obviously SweetFX doesn't function. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with my previous use of the ENB mod? Where else besides FSX.cfg would FSX have any references to d3d9.dll that I could reset?

Here are the steps I've tried (unsuccessfully):

Fresh FSX.cfg

Uninstall TML

Use drd9.dll from ENB mod

I'm truly mystified, folks. Any suggestions?

Can someone share working Inspector settings? Tried to enable AA with FXAA Tool and this SweetFX without success.

Make sure AA is turned off in the sim,and FXAA usage in Nvidia inspector is set to disallowed.

Regards.

Pre Alpha release of SweetFX just dropped here

According to the post here it includes:

New (incomplete) features:

• FXAA - only works in DX9 so far and I need to tweak it for quality. You guys can help here by finding good default values for it.
  • An incomplete cartoon shader
  • Border shader for making the screenedges black
  • The dither shader now does subpixel dithering, which makes it look slightly smoother

There are more features planned for the final 2.0 version.

Remember, this is a pre-alpha so expect issues and problems but some may want to play with it.

Good to see that the dev is still working on it.

Everything works fine and I'm very happy with sweetfx but when I want to minimize the window after the end of a flight then fsx crash.

I wouldn't care so much about it but I use also fspassengers and I can't see the report at the end of the flight.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I found the most configs overhere to bright with to much sepia. which is nice for a summer day but not for now when it is fall in europe.

My monitor: SA27A950 calibrated with a spyder pro which I borrowed from a friend who is a photographer. So I think my colour profile is right haha.

But I like to share my settings. Ive created 2 files. 1 for the day and 1 for the night. The day one is without sepia but that can be enable on a sunny summer day.

The changes in the night one are more bloom and less exposure so it is a dark night. And then I made a .bat file to switch the settings when needed.

Hope you like them.

https://www.dropbox....Day & Night.zip

Looks like I'm too late, your files aren't in your dropbox anymore :(

Would you mind uploading them again ? I've tried all the other settings but they look way too bright to me...

Regards

Guest cassis

I loves SweetFx but i was getting too many CTDso had to uninstall it.... I did not revert to FSX default settings last time i was running FSX so even though i deleted all the SweetFx files , I may have kept the sweetfx settings.. Can't really say now...

sorry but have to ask this, this thread is so big that i´m to lazy to read every page. so easy question: does sweetfx NOT work with windows 8 64bit in FSX?? cause trying atm, but seems that it doesnt work :(

I just came across this and tried a few settings that people have posted.

Nothing worked for me in terms of getting a realistic picture, I think its possibly because I am using HDTV's for my screens and the colours are not behaving as they may on monitors.

I didn't seem to get any horrendous FPS drops but I didnt get any natural scenes either. Some looked shocking from other peoples setting and I cant believe they look like that on their screens.