Sign in to follow this  
meshman

P3D launcher?

2. IFRonly - Does this impact default aircraft only? Don't understand what it is or what it is limiting as I have tons of GA flying around. Just try to get a better understanding of this.

It drops AI GA planes off which are flying on VFR rules: only IFR planes are displayed. You can test it yourself using traffic toolbox. You can see that there are no VFR planes on the air if IFRonly is somtehing else than zero.

This affects at least default AI and MTX which is based on the same injection method.

I have the same problem. Tested with various parking positions, and always ended in the water :lol: (I like airports near the sea....)

Same for me, specifically at orbx kors.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Thank you very much for the ifronly addition! I had a strange problem when I installed the V3.2 today. I tried to start my flight at couple of different airports, at runway and parking place and always flight created through launcher postioned my aircraft wrong: it was perhaps few hundred meters off where it should be and in small airport aircraft could be located in forest next to the airport even though it should have been on parking ramp. I uninstalled 3.2 and threw in 3.0 (I haven't tested 3.1, that is why I chose 3.0 which I knew was working) and it placed aircraft correctly.

I don't know if this was some sort of temporary installation bug or if something is funny in newest version. I don't have more time to test V3.2 today, probably earliest in wednesday I have time to hop behind my yoke. So it's maybe nothing, but I'll test more later on.

I have the same problem. In Orbx's PNW region, I select Ketchikan (PAKT) in Sim Launcher ( any runway or parking spot ) and the flight starts with my aircraft in the hills near the airport. Similarly at Bowerman, the flight starts with me out in the water. Very odd.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Hi all,

Unfortunatley, version 3.2 did not load latitude/longitude values correctly from a flight flle: degrees and minutes were ok, but seconds were set to 0. Version 3.3 corrected that and made remote operation possible. Version 3.4, that I just released, allows you to select a flightplan and send it to the simulator.

Advantage of remote operation would be that it saves you ~200 MBytes of memory, which could be important if the simulator runs on a 32-bit OS.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten.

Unfortunately, v3.3 and 3.4 freeze constantly during the selection process. Mostly on the aircraft selection screen but also on airports and weather. I have to keep clicking outside the frame to unfreeze it. It did this before with one of the earlier versions but you fixed it. It now seems to have become unfixed. I haven't made any changes to my system that might have affected it.

Ian

Ok, I was able to reproduce the freezing issue with 3.3 and 3.4. I will fix it this evening (UTC+1).

thanks for your patience, Maarten

...thanks for your patience, Maarten

I've got all the time in the world, Maarten. It's you I worry about! Take the evening off, go out for a beer and send me the bill. Fix it tomorrow!

Ian 4chsmu1.gif

Maarten, you appear to have fixed the major problem I was having with the flight starting in the hills near Ketchikan and in the water near Bowerman.

I am sorry to say I still have a problem ..

I am using Sim Launcher version 3.6.

If I bypass Sim Launcher, and start P3D on its own, as you know I go to the default flight at Norfolk NS. If I then go to runway 06 at Bowerman KHQM by using the P3D 'go to airport' menu, I am placed on the runway correctly as expected. See below...

AAAP3DRW6KHQM.jpg

If I shut down P3D completely, and now use Sim Launcher to select runway 06 at KHQM, you can see I start the flight off the end of the runway, as below....

SLRW6KHQM.jpg

If I then select runway 06 at KHQM again, in the P3D 'go to airport' menu, the error is corrected as below...

P3DRW6KHQM02.jpg

This error does not just happen at KHQM. Here I started Sim Launcher, selected Cambridge EGSC, runway 23 ( default P3D scenery ) and again I started off the edge of the runway...

SimLauncher002.jpg

Yes, I can confirm that my aircraft are also placed a few metres short of the take-off position. Of course it's easy to move it but if there is an easy way to fix the positioning in a later version, then it would make a great product even better!

Ian

Small postioning problem here too. Noticed it at least in FSDT KLAX, where I couldn't get GSX ground services working because plane was few meters off.

HI,

Although I did discover that I made a very small rounding error of 0.01 arc seconds (30cm at the equator) when computing the latitude and longitude coordinates, the phenomenon that you are seeing is caused by the information recorded in the runways.xml file produced by the makerwys.exe tool of Pete Dawson. The runway positions indicate the start of the runway as specified in the AFCAD files and that's why you are positioned at the very edge of the runway.

At this point in time I am not able to do anything else. I will however ask Pete if he can somehow add the actual start of the runway, since that is recorded in the runways.txt file. This runways.txt file is a huge file however and difficult to parse.

thanks, Maarten

Thanks for that, Maarten. Its only a small error but if it can be rectified, that would be great. If not, then I can live with it. :)

... the phenomenon that you are seeing is caused by the information recorded in the runways.xml file produced by the makerwys.exe tool of Pete Dawson. The runway positions indicate the start of the runway as specified in the AFCAD files and that's why you are positioned at the very edge of the runway.

At this point in time I am not able to do anything else. I will however ask Pete if he can somehow add the actual start of the runway, since that is recorded in the runways.txt file.

It's "Dowson" actually, not "Dawson", and Makerunways 4.614, now released, contains FS Start Lat/Long coordinates as well as the runway ends. Note that this may put you at a hold or elsewhere off the runway, though, depending on the whim of the airport designer. For true runway starts it woud really be better to use the current end positions with some metres added in the runway direction.

regards

Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen