Sign in to follow this  
eneee

FSX OOM api.dll patcher

so...FSX is a 32bit application...running in a 64bit environment on most systems these days...

as such it can NOT adress more then 3gb of ram..being a 32bit program and all...what exactly happens when FSX reaches that 3gb limit? crash? freeze? stops loading stuff? i'm still not very convinced this works there has to be a catch...would be nice if you could answer that questions

test it and see what happen... too many applications reach memory limit and them doesn't crash ,freeze ot stop at 32bit ....

Ok, I will set my AI traffic up high.

I am trying this out with the Coolsky/McPhat DC-9 because I seem to get OOMs quicker on it than even the PMDG NGX.

Last night it was solid.

It is funny because FSUIPC would "ping" to let me know that the memory was low, but I would not get any OOM error or lock up. Just one "ping" and things would continue as normal.

I am really excited about this program because I see the difference in FSX right away. It's outstanding! Thank you.

FSUIPC check memory status too but it doesn't stop fsx.... maybe Peter Dawson add a option for "ping" after this patch at new version...

test it and see what happen... too many applications reach memory limit and them doesn't crash ,freeze ot stop at 32bit ....

FSUIPC check memory status too but it doesn't stop fsx.... maybe Peter Dawson add a option for "ping" after this patch at new version...

With this api.dll mod, I made the complete flight without an OOM error, using over 40% AI traffic. Without the api.dll mod, that would have given me an OOM error and FSX crash for sure. With the api.dll mod, all I heard was one "ping" from FSUIPC, and everything continued to work normally.

(Never before, have I heard the "ping" from FSUIPC without more "pings" and an FSX crash. This tells me that this program is working.)

Again I heard another "ping" at the arrival airport, but again, everything continued to work normally. No OOM.

One thing, without any further testing, is that this mod program makes a very big difference for the better.

I will fly a flight into KLAX, using the DC-9, heavy AI traffic and Aerosoft USCities X Los Angeles and FSDT KLAX. If it works for that, it simply works and is the fix for OOMs, period. Because without this mod, I couldn't get close to KLAX with heavy traffic and settings turned up at KLAX.

With this api.dll mod, I made the complete flight without an OOM error, using over 40% AI traffic. Without the api.dll mod, that would have given me an OOM error and FSX crash for sure. With the api.dll mod, all I heard was one "ping" from FSUIPC, and everything continued to work normally.

(Never before, have I heard the "ping" from FSUIPC without more "pings" and an FSX crash. This tells me that this program is working.)

Again I heard another "ping" at the arrival airport, but again, everything continued to work normally. No OOM.

One thing, without any further testing, is that this mod program makes a very big difference for the better.

I will fly a flight into KLAX, using the DC-9, heavy AI traffic and Aerosoft USCities X Los Angeles and FSDT KLAX. If it works for that, it simply works and is the fix for OOMs, period. Because without this mod, I couldn't get close to KLAX with heavy traffic and settings turned up at KLAX.

thanks again for tests.... and good luck...i think that you will land to KLAX B)

Well this certainly is good timing. After at least 6 tries, I was totally unable to loadup Anchorage X last night because FSX would easily go over the 4Gig limit and OOM out. Tried reducing lod radius and AI, better but would still over load FSX.

I should easily be able to test this tonight and confirm if it works for me or not. I hope it does. It certainly sounds too good to be true.

Edit: Oh shoot, just reread and noticed this requires Acceleration. Any possible way to not have this 'fix' require Acceleration?

enee ...I'm wondering why we need this as a *patcher* - which frightens a lot of people (and gives false positives etc.}. Why not just zip up the amended .dll with clear instructions to do a backup? Most of us do that sort of operation quite frequently. I've *never* run a patcher program on any core FSX files ... and have had a stable sytem for ages (touch wood). I no longer have OOM errors, but I'm interested in your fix out of pure curiosity.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

enee ...I'm wondering why we need this as a *patcher* - which frightens a lot of people (and gives false positives etc.}. Why not just zip up the amended .dll with clear instructions to do a backup? Most of us do that sort of operation quite frequently. I've *never* run a patcher program on any core FSX files ... and have had a stable sytem for ages (touch wood). I no longer have OOM errors, but I'm interested in your fix out of pure curiosity.

read tops #6... the api.dll is in there but i can't say it is work it at your pc and if you doesn't get oom error then you doesn't need this patch..

Well this certainly is good timing. After at least 6 tries, I was totally unable to loadup Anchorage X last night because FSX would easily go over the 4Gig limit and OOM out. Tried reducing lod radius and AI, better but would still over load FSX.

I should easily be able to test this tonight and confirm if it works for me or not. I hope it does. It certainly sounds too good to be true.

Edit: Oh shoot, just reread and noticed this requires Acceleration. Any possible way to not have this 'fix' require Acceleration?

you may try api.dll which is at post #6 . don't forget backup yor api.dll file... and if doesn't work then send it to me.... do you have sp2 installed for FSX?

The "patcher" program works great. Don't be afraid of it. But he also has the download for the moded api.dll as a direct download, if you can't bring yourself to use the patcher. But, believe me, the patcher works real good and makes a backup copy of your existing api.dll.

If this patch continues to work, I'm going to nominate Fatih as the Avsim "Man of the Year" (:

you may try api.dll which is at post #6 . don't forget backup yor api.dll file... and if doesn't work then send it to me.... do you have sp2 installed for FSX?

Ok thanks, will try tonight and see what happens. Yes I run FSX Deluxe with SP2 btw.

if i change it with the orginal one i can not start fsx,WHY?i picked up the exe file in the link!

I also don't have Acceleration, will it be available for SP2?

Should the standalone api.dll be registered with REGSVR32.EXE?

I don't have OOM's, but many users here will be very grateful If this solves their problems.

Are you related to coach Terim?

Guest do_denver2

I use P3D... when i tried to just replace the dll, p3d wouldn,t start. I would like to try this, although oom errors for me happen only occasionally.

eneee, do you plan to do other versions of patcher, for Deluxe+SP2?

I tried on friend's PC who have problems with OOM, and it not works on Deluxe+SP2

Unfortunately, the patch does not install for me. I put it in the FSX folder and then got the message: 'Can't find the pattern' 'Nothing patched'. Alternatively I copied your api.dll over the original but then got the error: 'Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit......'.

Thanks anyway Eneee for your work. Any idea what's going on?

My original api.dll is: v.10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023).

Ok, I understand it now: I do have Deluxe SP2. Could we expect a second patch?

Would be nice!

If this patch continues to work, I'm going to nominate Fatih as the Avsim "Man of the Year" (:

lol...

Ok thanks, will try tonight and see what happens. Yes I run FSX Deluxe with SP2 btw.

if you send your SP2 api.dll then i will create a patcher for SP2...

if i change it with the orginal one i can not start fsx,WHY?i picked up the exe file in the link!

this patch for Fsx Acceleration... if you have sp2 then i will creat a patch for it soon......

I also don't have Acceleration, will it be available for SP2?

Should the standalone api.dll be registered with REGSVR32.EXE?

I don't have OOM's, but many users here will be very grateful If this solves their problems.

Are you related to coach Terim?

you should wait new Patcher for SP2 and i have same name with coach Terim and i am fig fan of him....:)

you may have SP2... if dont have acceleration pack then wait for new patch.....

I use P3D... when i tried to just replace the dll, p3d wouldn,t start. I would like to try this, although oom errors for me happen only occasionally.

i dont like P3D but i may make a patcher for it too at soon...

Unfortunately, the patch does not install for me. I put it in the FSX folder and then got the message: 'Can't find the pattern' 'Nothing patched'. Alternatively I copied your api.dll over the original but then got the error: 'Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit......'.

Thanks anyway Eneee for your work. Any idea what's going on?

My original api.dll is: v.10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023).

Ok, I understand it now: I do have Deluxe SP2. Could we expect a second patch?

Would be nice!

you should wait for new patch for SP2.....

And if someone has SP api.dll send it to me.... i will create a patcher for it too....

And if someone has SP api.dll send it to me.... i will create a patcher for it too....

Check your PM. File link for SP2 there.