Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

New York (JFK) to Leipzig-Halle (LEJ) Kalitta Air 747-200F

Did you flew it realtime ?

Yes in real time ...it's a bit easier as I now have the option of a virtual engineer to look after the fuel balancing incase I nod off. B)

Explain the virtual FE ?

Also, I see you modified a lot, do you still use the RFP gauges or is nothing left anymore?

Explain the virtual FE ?

Also, I see you modified a lot, do you still use the RFP gauges or is nothing left anymore?

Hello Johan, the panel is not modified it is completely new. There is no RFP in it.

Virtual FE means on long haul flights where the fuel panel is in center tank to all engines configuration ......when the center tanks empty the virtual FE will automatically switch to inboard tanks to all engines/ switch off center tank boost pumps..... then when the inboard tank levels are equal to the outboard tanks plus reserve tanks switch the reserve tank valves and empty the reserve tanks into the outboard tanks/ switch the outboard tanks boost pumps on .....leaving the fuel tanks perfectly balanced for approach. All that remains is for me to switch 2,3 and 4 crossfeeds for the tank to engine config for approach/landing.

When I am at cruise alt/autopilot on is often the only time I have to do household chores. :lol:

Interresting!

Did you manage to program your own FFRATS then?

Hello Johan, the panel is not modified it is completely new. There is no RFP in it.

Virtual FE means on long haul flights where the fuel panel is in center tank to all engines configuration ......when the center tanks empty the virtual FE will automatically switch to inboard tanks to all engines/ switch off center tank boost pumps..... then when the inboard tank levels are equal to the outboard tanks plus reserve tanks switch the reserve tank valves and empty the reserve tanks into the outboard tanks/ switch the outboard tanks boost pumps on .....leaving the fuel tanks perfectly balanced for approach. All that remains is for me to switch 2,3 and 4 crossfeeds for the tank to engine config for approach/landing.

When I am at cruise alt/autopilot on is often the only time I have to do household chores. :lol:

Well done! Have you had to use C to get some one the intricate bits right such as the fuel management system right as opposed to XML? How are you calculating used fuel; is it a function of the current fuel flow and compounded every second?

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

Well done! Have you had to use C to get some one the intricate bits right such as the fuel management system right as opposed to XML? How are you calculating used fuel; is it a function of the current fuel flow and compounded every second?

I am sorry Engjell but as you are a payware developer I cannot give you free info.

Even in my last Kalitta post some chap who needs to go to specsavers said "edetroit said his panel was fully custom (though that does look like an Angel Simulations EADI)"

....and I made my EADI way before you did. :smile:

I am sorry Engjell but as you are a payware developer I cannot give you free info.

Even in my last Kalitta post some chap who needs to go to specsavers said "edetroit said his panel was fully custom (though that does look like an Angel Simulations EADI)"

....and I made my EADI way before you did. :smile:

While I tend to think of myself as more of a freeware developer with some payware projects you clearly think otherwise. I'm quite proud of it since it keeps me in school. There's no way for you to know when I made my gauges just published them. But no need to turn this into a who did it first match; I'll let you have that distinction without a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I quite enjoy your videos.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

No worries Engjell, suffice to say I respect anyone who is prepared to put the effort into making their own gauges.

Simply magic !!!!!! :Applause: :smile:

Staffan

I'm the "chap" you're talking about there, and I don't appreciate the rude commentary

It does look like Angel Simulations EADI... because theirs is the based off the same one you based yours from.

While I tend to think of myself as more of a freeware developer with some payware projects you clearly think otherwise. I'm quite proud of it since it keeps me in school. There's no way for you to know when I made my gauges just published them. But no need to turn this into a who did it first match; I'll let you have that distinction without a problem.

I just bought your products a few weeks ago, love them!

Thanks for actually offering your hard work to the community...

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

You better stop...I am going to hunt you down and STEAL your machine..LOL