Sign in to follow this  
Tom_G_2010

How can I use LINDA to see Add On LVars?

I'm giving LINDA a test drive for the first time. On thing I am trying to accomplish is to track down the LVars that are being read or written when certain add on aircraft custom code is running. In the specific case I am investigating at the moment I am trying to see the LVars being read and written when I press the Master Caution or Master Warning reset switches on my Carenado King Air C90.

I activated the LINDA Console and in the Console options checked everything. I then went to the aircraft cockpit and clicked those buttons. They performed as expected in FSX but the LINDA Console saw noting??? Other functions that are native to FSX like lights or fuel pump are captured in the log, but Carenado custom functions like those mentioned above and others are not.

Shouldn't the log be seeing something for these? OR, do I need to go back to the native FSUIPC and lua logging to capture LVars?

Hi Tom,

nice to have you finally "catched" here :)

First, in the LINDA GUI go to setup LINDA and check the advanced settings.

Then have a look on to the console, there a theree tiny little arrows on the lower right.

Click them and you'll get an additional menü to the console where you can check which events to log.

About the usage then:

Press CTRL+F1 (when LINDA main GUI is active) and you'll open the hunting store!

on the left colomn, click at "reload Lvar lis" and LINDA will show you all LUA variables available for your current loaded plane.

(in the middle you can insert offsets and test them; on the right you can choose controls and test them)

if you click on a LUA variable in the left colomn, you'll see the result in the console.

Now, click with the secondary mouse key (the font will get red and bold) and this LUA variable will be traced.

Now you can hit your button in the VC and see the reaction in the console (make sure "lua logging is there activated before [little three arrows])

You can choose several variables at once and trace them.

Or you can hit also "Start all"!!! now you'll get listed all variables!

But it depends on the addon how much this will impact your performance.

maybe there are now soem flooding variables, which makes the console unusable, e.g. a variable which lists the engine EGT constantly named L:engine1_EGT

In the console's menü is the "lines filter" window

Insert there this variable which should be ignored (filtered) or a part of it.

example:

you can insert engine1_EGT so this would be ignored and not listed. But probably engine2_EGT

So just enter EGT, and you have filtered all LUA variables which will contain this phrase.

Could be dangerous if you search then for APU_EGT, which is then also filtered ...

Feel free to ask if there are further questions!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------