Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

What is the best AI Traffic addon available today?

Howdy Team!

Can you shed some light as to what the best ai aircraft addon package might be today? In the past I used to manually manage my ai world with PAI aircraft and such but the task got to be daunting with all the constant changes. I'm now looking for a package that would include world airlines, good looking aircaqft, updates to schedules, and GA. Been looking at My Traffic X, Traffic 360, and Ultimate Traffic, but I can't figure out which would be best. Any advice would be wonderful!

Thanks again folks!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I've just bought the Traffic360 upgrade.I always liked TrafficX and once the Sp1 was released it was really good.although not the best looking models the FPS were always good.

I'm having a couple of issues with T360 at the moment.it seems to take ages for any traffic to start moving,even with it set to 100%.

going to the forum to get some advice...

steve-0

I use UT2 and I love it. The optional Power Pack allows you to import flightplans made by the community for any airlines not covered in UT2, and you can also add AI aircraft if you don't like the ones that come with UT2. The interface is user friendly too.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'm having a couple of issues with T360 at the moment.it seems to take ages for any traffic to start moving,even with it set to 100%.

going to the forum to get some advice...

steve-0

Turn off airport ground traffic (or turn it up high so there are more fuel trucks, your frame rate will tank though) and the aircraft will start moving a lot quicker. The reason for the delay when airport ground vehicle traffic is on is because a fuel truck has to visit every aircraft that is about to ask for clearance and this takes time, especially if there aren't enough fuel trucks and the airport covers a large area.. Turning off this type of traffic by-passes the fuelling stage and removes the delay. This is true for all traffic packages in FSX.

Cheers, Andy.

I'm using MyTraffic 5.4, and I can't complain whatsoever.

Some think that the models aren't that good at all, but I love it, because there it has loads of airlines around the world, even very small ones, and a large variety of aircraft. So, for example flying in Russia you'll not only have Boeings and Airbuses, but also Soviet/Russian aircraft such as Antonovs, Tupolevs etc. Plus it has military (including helicopters) traffic.

Furthermore, I noticed that on my system it has mush less impact on frames than UT2.

Regards,

Flo

Turn off airport ground traffic (or turn it up high so there are more fuel trucks, your frame rate will tank though) and the aircraft will start moving a lot quicker. The reason for the delay when airport ground vehicle traffic is on is because a fuel truck has to visit every aircraft that is about to ask for clearance and this takes time, especially if there aren't enough fuel trucks and the airport covers a large area.. Turning off this type of traffic by-passes the fuelling stage and removes the delay. This is true for all traffic packages in FSX.

Andy thanks so much,i never knew that about the fuel trucks.

I've always had airport traffic off,because of the new vehicles i turned them on.so i could see them.

thanks again

steve-0

I like World of AI.

It's easy to install, it's easy on frames, and best of all it's free.

I second that.

And it covers the whole globe, with hundreds of airlines.

I tried almost every traffic addon, except Traffic360 and TrafficX, and I must say that MyTraffic X rules for one most obvious reason - it's very VERY easy on FPS, even with 10-20 AI airplanes in view. Maybe eats 10% of FPS tops. Just check option in MYTraffic to disable animations on AI planes and enable low quality models. To be honest, it's really not important to me to see an very high quality AI aircraft when taxing, if eats 30-40% of FPS, no point. And I really don't look at AI planes so closely, low quality models are FINE, believe me. MOst important thing is to bring airports and sky traffic to life, to use TCAS, to be not alone in the sky, and MyTraffic X does that perfectly.

BTW I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a Tornado Gr 4 @ FL330 streaming in the opposite direction of my Airbus, fantastic.

WOAI is not bad, but coverage of airlines is BAD considering number of airlines in MyTraffic X. And it's hard on FPS, no thanks.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

WOAI is not bad, but coverage of airlines is BAD considering number of airlines in MyTraffic X. And it's hard on FPS, no thanks.

World of AI is hard on FPS? Are you kidding? It's one of the most fps-friendly addons out there.

I did a testing WOAI vs MyTraffic X in front of EDDT by Aerosoft few months ago, with 10-15 AI planes at the gates, and result is: without traffic - 31, WOAI - 21, MyTraffic X - 27.

WOAI is maybe fps friendly considering the quality of models, but as I said I don't need hi quality models, I want crowded skies and airports with decent fps, that's all.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

For those of you that want crowded skies, how do you cope with ATC?

My question too, I find it very unrealistic to fly in a world full of zombies ;-) I turn AI off completely. But then I fly only in realtime on VATSIM. However I am going to install the SMS tweak for Squawkbox together with planes from MyTrafficX (yes, I bought it for some reason, never installed it ;) or WOAI so I dont have to watch those VIP-jets any more...

23.png

For those of you that want crowded skies, how do you cope with ATC?

Hello

Use Radar Contact or PFE

Well, AI traffic is a big one for me.

I just bought MyTraffic 2013 mainly because I live in the WEST near denver, and I really wanted the new UNITED merger colors, and update liveries-post 2010. The models are pretty bad, but not the worst. Frames are good, at Denver International Airport with AI traffic at 17%, (I find that most realistic) my frames are usually in the upper 50's and 60's with default aircraft.

I really wish WOAI would update they're flight planes, and liveries!! Seriously! It would be so incredibly popular if they did.