Sign in to follow this  
miggs

Windows 8 and FSX - Worth the download!

If you look close at my avatar it is my original flight sim setup using my Commodore 64 running Sub Logic's Flight Sim Version 2 back in the early to mid 80's before MS got the rights to develop a DOS version of it. IMHO the C64 and Sub Logic Flight Sim V2 actually did a better job than MS's DOS version of Flight Sim, even though the DOS version was more feature rich. But for either it was still only crayon grade drawings and a buzz sound for the engine. Laughable by today's standards.

Cool thing is I still have a working C64 and a copy of the software in storage. If age and environment haven't killed either I may fire them up again as a novelty after I get my sim pit build done.

then surely FSX will also?

not sure about.

For the Win8 bashers I will say there is no difference to Win7.

My personal taste is, that it is a bit fluider (notice, that I have also all programs and addons installed like I had with Win7. I use FSX Go, so my settings in the FSX.cfg are also similar.) But it is not proofable, just a personal opinion.

But it is very sad, that we do not the graphics of Batllefield 3 for FSX with installing Win8 ^_^

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, is there nothing that will fix this accursed disappearing joystick problem that is plaguing FSX and P3D alike on Windows 8?

I've tried various suggestions concerning power-saving on USB ports and W7 compatibilty mode but the issue stubbornly remains.

I am back with XP10 until a solution arrives! :(

I may have missed this, but hs anyone tried a Win 8 multi-boot with their existing Win 7/64? Is it even possible? I'd be interested in trying Win 8 out for a bit but still keeping my Win 7 system intact, and doing a fresh install of FSX onto a new drive / partition in Win 8/64.

Thanks, Bruce.

PS./ Loved the humor regarding DOS, I has Windows 3.1 with my first sim (FS5) years ago....

Thanks, Bruce.

I have just started running FSX and Windows 8 64bit... Have most of my add-ons loaded back up and it feels much better than Win7. I know this is probably not so true but at least it's giving me the feeling. I have run into the flight controls dissapeering. I am using saitek cessna yoke, rudder pedals and throttle. I will do a test flight with CH thrust master tomorrow. Also not sure if I can load up GTX North America... Anyone load any of the GTX sceneries? I did not run into any problems with Aerosoft Navdata, Fly Tampa, FSDT, ORBX/FTX, PMDG and FlightBeam.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Is there anyone you succesfully upgraded W7/64 to W8/64 with FSX allready installed?? So a good working FSX install with addons on W7/64 upgraded to W8/64.

I may have missed this, but hs anyone tried a Win 8 multi-boot with their existing Win 7/64? Is it even possible?

Yes, I had this a few month ago also for trying. It does work without any problems. You will be asked which OS should be booted when you start your computer

-----

Is there anyone you succesfully upgraded W7/64 to W8/64 with FSX allready installed?? So a good working FSX install with addons on W7/64 upgraded to W8/64.

It should be working:

http://www.techradar...093002/review/2

Upgrade from Windows 7 and you can keep programs, Windows settings and files; upgrade from Vista and keep settings and files. Upgrading from Windows XP only gives you your personal files.

However I couldn't say from personal experience. I would always recommend a clean OS install

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester