Sign in to follow this  
lonesomepilot

Linda and MCP Combo II Airbus Style

Hi,

does Linda is compatible with VRi MCP-II (Airbus) panel ?

I would like to use my VRI Panel with the 747 PMDG. Do you think it will work ?

thank you

No, the Airbus panel is not 100% compatibel.

LINDA is designed for the old Combo I and the new Boeing type.

Meaning, we just have tested and developed for these both. And we know there is not 100% functionality with the Airbus type.

But it would be very good if you try it out and report back what works and what not.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, why not ?

well I start this afternoon and I've got some questions ...

First, what I do ... and the install and the config seems OK :

lindafk.jpg

linda1ma.jpg

When I select "reload LUA engine", this is what i see on my MCP2 Combo / Airbus :

linda2r.jpg

But I don't know what to do after ? create a new aircraft ?

Why Linda tracer doesn't active ?

thank you

thanks,

Linda tracer will be activated when you check the developer mode in Setup LINDA.

So far so good.

You can download and install now our modules (some are already installed if you have downloaded the complete package)

Start now a default FSX plane and you'll see if LINDA works woth your Combo or not.

Please also have a slight look into our manuals

Guenter Steiner

well, I took a FSX default aircraft,

On FSX, I've got a text "LINDA reloaded",

On my MCPII/Airbus, I've got "Linda", then "ready" and "info" ...

But when I use knob or button, nothing ... :-(

What and where can I look for ?

thank you

We have to be sure that you have assigned and installed LINDA right before we can say that the Airbus panel does not work.

Are you sure, that you made everything right?

Have you been following the Manual? Also the extended Manual from Brian?

Have you assigned some testbutton (like gear up/down) to you joystick to see, if LINDA is working in general?

If so, then assign the gear to one of the MCP user buttons and test.

Guenter Steiner

Moved topic here to the support

Guenter Steiner

This a very much related to my interest while waiting for FSL and AeroSoft A320 release.

If you have the time and energy, can you please keep us updated. Thanks!

Hello,

This isn't a support request as such, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Are there any MCP Combo II (Airbus version) users here, that are using LINDA successfully? The Boeing model seems to be sold out in Europe, so only the Airbus model is available for purchase.

If you have a working Airbus + LINDA setup, can you please send me a PM? Any help would be greatly appreciated as 500EUR is quite a lot to pay if the panel isn't supported :mellow:

Thanks!

The MCP2 Airbus FCU panel isn't supported by LINDA unfortunately, only the MCP1 Combo (i.e. the old original panel) and new the MCP2 Boeing panel are supported.

You can assign stuff directly with FSUIPC once you have set it up correctly but its nowhere near as user friendly. I personally wouldn't recommend the FCU panel as its got a very limited range of supported aircraft compared to the other panels. Definitely wait for an MCP2 Boeing panel.

There is one in stock here and I think they will ship to anywhere in Europe.

http://www.flightsto...ics-c510#:page2

And here too;

http://www.simw.com/...oeing-type.html

Cheers, Andy.

The MCP2 Airbus FCU panel isn't supported by LINDA unfortunately.

Definitely wait for an MCP2 Boeing panel.

There is one in stock here

Thank you Andy! Purchase made :)

Hello,

time passes and perhaps now (or soon ...) MCP II Airbus is now compatible with Linda?

thank you for your feedback,

Sincerely,

Bruno

I know from previous discussion that this is very unlikely to happen, the development team seems to have moved on again after a brief time (a few months ago) where things looked like they might progress again. But even then no discussion of adding support for the FCU or any other hardware for that matter was ever mentioned.

I did read in another forum post that somebody managed to make some edits to various files to force Linda to work with the FCU, I don't know how effective this was though and I seem to remember that the displays were garbled to some extent as well.

Edit: Here is a link to the post I am talking about.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398076-mcp-combo-2-airbus-buttons-stop-working/

You can still use FSUIPC to assign controls as stuff, its just not as convenient as using LINDA. There is even a free virtual serial port emulator for 64bit OS's now, in the past there was only one option and it was a payware product. Details of where to get the free emulator are in the FSUIPC documents or in the FAQ on Pete's support forum I think.

Sorry I don't have any better news, although perhaps I do, native support for the Aerosoft AirbusX Extended has now been released on the VRi support forum for the FCU, M-Panel and CDU2.

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1613

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your quick answer.

While waiting for news from the LINDA development team, could you tell me where I can find examples of FSUIPC configuration for FCU and PMDG 747 or other aircraft?

Otherwise, this is good news the support of Airbus X extended by VRinsight!

thank you!

Hi, unfortunately you aren't likely to find such examples in the wild, people don't tend to share their work in FSUIPC in the same way as the people with Linda do, that's one of the reasons why Linda came about in the first place.

The best thing to do is to have a read on the FSUIPC support forum as well as the extensive documentation that comes with FSUIPC. If you open one of the actions.lua files that are inside Linda's aircraft profiles you will see a list of functions, that is the kind of code you will be needing to use with FSUIPC, code which you would be assigning to buttons and dials via parameter lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Andy.