Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Dubai-rebooted

It's a great scenery, with or without moving traffic. I note that they didn't add any special traffic to the FSX version either; just the stock FSX traffic. I also just learned that one must download AES 2.25 again in order to add the new OMDB, as Olivier just published a corrected AES installer yesterday.

John G.

Martin goes the extra mile to release this for FS9 and I'm reading crap like this. SunSkyJet's KPHL has animations but the performance of the airport is abysmal, maybe that's what your looking for. KPHL is free so I appreciate the effort but it's a slideshow on my system at dusk. Dubai Rebooted by contrast is fluid for the whole area. Complaining about trivial features when the overall product is solid is a sure way to hinder future development for FS9. Your comments come off as Trolling.

I don't think so. Animated vehicles are state of the art in my opinion, at least for a 30 EUR software.

And especially as the product description at Simmarket says:

"- Animated apron vehicles and static objects..."

Anyway, I will buy it.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I happened to rummage through some older sceneries in a tidy-up, and found Kansai

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/390652-3-from-kansai-100-aircraft-in-the-loop/#entry2515037

This had a forgotten addon with a lot of ground vehicles which really improves the scenery.

I think we have already received a great package, given the complexity of Dubai Rebooted; I reckon such an addon could be warranted aftermarket, hopefully with animations everywhere too.

I don't think so. Animated vehicles are state of the art in my opinion, at least for a 30 EUR software.

To be fair, this 30 EUR software has far more than just the airport. It includes a huge amount of the surrounding city in great detail. Martin has stated on the FlyTampa forums that he had to remove the animated vehicles during development to improve performance. I think it is safe to assume that he knows what he is doing. I consider him one of the masters of scenery design.

Graeme Butler

I have bought Dubai some hours ago and it is stunning. Nevertheless, some animated vehicles would have been the "dot on the I". Why not provide at least an option to install animated vehicles or to de-activate it if ones PC can't handle it, regarding that the product is advertised with animations?

On the other side, it depends on the character of an airport. I have never flown to OMDB, so that I don't know it's athmosphere. But I could never imagine an airport as - for instance - SCEL, where I once had to wait a whole day and observed the operations there, without almost hectically moving ground vehicles, so SCEL without animated vehicles would not meet the athmosphere of this airport at all.

Don't know how this is the case at OMDB.

P.S.

If anybody uses a Sharjah airport scenery, it must have a higher priority in the scenery library than Dubai, else it is flattened.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Each person have its own priorities in FSX. However the main things i focus on while im flying and in order of priority:

1- FPS

2- plane

3- Environment: Sky, Scenery (city/airport...)

4- AI/GA traffic

4- Road traffic

Personally i dont focus on traffic especially if its on the cost of performance(FPS). But it adds a nice touch only if its not affecting FPS.

I checked yesterday with Tampa support about traffic, they said they did not include it because it affects performance. However they said there is traffic on the default roads of FSX.

I saw some traffic personally on one road while landing just before the airport. Just imagine guys a scenery with low FPS where u cant fly the plane u like, and where landing is not smooth... When i parked my plane at the gate and there was a board in front of me showing when to stop the plane on the parking lines and when OK appeared in front of me i forgot about the traffic thing.

Regards

Toufic

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Each person have its own priorities in FSX.

Regards

Toufic

True...... erm....this is a FS2004 forum.

Hopefully we have reached a time when FS9'ers choose FS9 because they prefer it to FSX for one reason or another but that reason not being processing power. (like myself)

My flight needs to be smooth enough to fly AND run FS Recorder AND fraps . Now Alphasearcher has fixed all the ai and scenery that were not made correctly in the first place there is nowhere in the world that I cannot fly with complex aircraft and 100% AI.

If Martin chooses not to make the Road traffic that is his choice....I do not have a problem with that.

There could also be the option of the user of the scenery to choose him/herself whether to install the road traffic because of fps no?

For the FS9 chopper pilots....I have attached a file to this post that enables landing at the Burj Al Arab helipad.

http://www.flytampa....php?f=24&t=5751

I was going to buy this scenery anyway, but after seeing your screen shots on the FT forum, I have to buy it NOW! LOL If I run out of gas taking my daughter back to college today because I don't have enough money on my credit card to fill my tank, it's all YOUR fault!!!!!!

:LMAO:

"I see the light!"

After my first flight there, I didn't mind missing vehicles anymore. There is enough to see else.

And there was an Uzbekistan Airways Il-76 freighter taxiing for departure. These are the moments when you know why you have spent hours and hours editing AI-traffic source files. The freeware scenery for OMSJ by Matthew Ministry is a nice completion of Dubai when you want to see more such heavy birds.

http://library.avsim...4scen&Go=Search

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

For the FS9 chopper pilots....I have attached a file to this post that enables landing at the Burj Al Arab helipad.

Much obliged, and here is the obligatory crash landing clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bMNbntAYNtk

It wasn't pretty, but the AFCAD worked fine - thanks too for the lights on the towers

EDIT: Actually, this clip makes an excellent comparison for the scenery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e3w73SVl0Es#!

Much obliged, and here is the obligatory crash landing clip:

Brilliant Wingz!....far better than all of my attempts. :Applause:

EDIT: Actually, this clip makes an excellent comparison for the scenery:

Yes it was this clip that made me ask for the stairs between the pad and Hotel to be modelled....the windsock would be a nice addition also. :Praying:

Martin goes the extra mile to release this for FS9 and I'm reading crap like this

Dubai Rebooted by contrast is fluid for the whole area. Complaining about trivial features when the overall product is solid is a sure way to hinder future development for FS9. Your comments come off as Trolling.

Thank you for your comments Dillon. I regret Rememberence Day commemoration services and Lions Club commitments have prevented an earlier reply.

It is instructive to note the comments on the FlyTampa forum and Martin's responses. As well as those above.

I shall not say more.

I shall not say more.

You have a cooler head than I....full marks sir. :Applause:

I think everyone knows this outstanding scenery might benefit from the magical touch of Oliver (AES lite)

.....but then maybe the scenery may be tooooo nice!

I know I am still flying around it in my chopper and don't want to leave. :Love: