Sign in to follow this  
Nono15

Problem with PMDG 737 NGX SP1C and CDU Opencockpits

Hello,

Today, I have a problem (that I have already submitted to Peter Dowson (FSUIPC) and told me that it was not from FSUIPC) in trying to use FSUIPC 4,853, P3D 1.4, PMDG 737 NGX SP1C and a CDU Opencockpits V2 equipped with an interface USBKey which emulates a keyboard.

With this intention, I connect the CDU on an USB port of my computer, then I start a programme encoder_keys written by Opencockpits which allows mapper all the keys of CDU as one wishes it thanks to a file encoder_keys.ini. For example when I press on key A of my CDU, encoder_keys sends sequence CTRL+F10. I made all mapping while avoiding using the native orders P3d or then I removed them in P3d. I also paid attention not to use the sequence ALT which can pose problems.

In FSUIPC, I select the tab Key Presses, then I click on the Set button then I press on key A of my CDU. FSUIPC detects pressing the A key as ctrl+F10. So far everything is OK. From there, I select custom Control and enter 70205 (69632+573) which is offset PMDG for letter A of left CDU. I put 1 in parameter. If I make the test in this way, I initialize FSUIPC with this configuration and when I press A on the CDU, letter A is display correctly on CDU but if I press for the second time or for the third time on A, it does not occur anything any more. It is identical which I notch No repeats or not. If I add offset 70205 in the section Control key hand feels When released with parameter 0, then with each striking on key A, the A is displayed 2 times on the screen of CDU. And it is similar which I notch or not No repeats.

I have this same problem on all the keys of CDU (letters and functions).

In the FSUIPC4.ini :

[Keys]

"

"

"

"

111=N121,10,70205,1,70205,0

"

"

"

In fact if I configure the following FSUIPC and if I press the keys A and B then A then it appears AABBAA

In FSUIPC in the Key Presses tab my configuration is :

for A :

ctrl+F10 ; Control sent when keys pressed : 70205 ; Parameter : 1 ; Control sent when main key released : 70205 ; Parameter : 0 ; No repeats!

for B :

ctrl+F9 ; Control sent when keys pressed : 70206 ; Parameter : 1 ; Control sent when main key released : 70206 ; Parameter : 0 ; No repeats!

I browsed many forums but I did not find any information regarding this problem. Maybe I missed. In addition, my English in not so good. It does not help me.

Thank you in advance for your replay.

Regards

Gerard

Hello Gerard,

I suggest you go the easy way and download the Driver you find in the downloads-section of the Opencockpits CDU V3. That driver uses the NGX SDK and SIOC 4.2Beta2 (or higher) and works perfectly. You don't need FSUIPC for this anymore..

Regards

Frank

Agree to what Frank says. Simply execute the driver while FSX is running and the FMC is connected, and it will find both in a matter of seconds, immediately ready to fly.

Hello sir. First of all if your fmc is v2 instead of v3 i think it wont work. Because it use keyboard emulator. But v3 is like a small mastercard.

And i have a question to you sir. How to you transfer the fmc display to the screen of fmc.

Is there anyway tojust take the display part. Maybe can be done with panel.cfg.

Hello,

Thank you for your answers but for now I still have no solution.

Indeed it is the V2 of the CDU does not work like v3. It includes a USB keys that emulates a keyboard. To make it work I explained in my first post how I took it.

My CDU would work if I did not double characters each support a key. So the program does not understand what I type on the keyboard of the CDU

To display the screen of the CDU, I modify the panel.cfg of the PMDG 737-800NGX WL in the section CDU left I put:

gauge00 = PMDG_737NGX! CDU_Screen, 0,0,390,625, L # 0

In P3D I open a new window with the left CDU. I drag the window to the screen and I OpenCockpits CDU dimensioned to fill the screen.

Dear Nono,

Have you tried to use Linda that has a module for NGX afnd all off sets already there? Would be good to see if it would work with Linda as it is quite easy to set-up. Sometimes there are offsets that will not work for me in FSUIPC as well and then if I use Linda instead it works, let me know.

On the CDU panel edit do you do this for the ND as well?

BR//Luis.

To display the screen of the CDU, I modify the panel.cfg of the PMDG 737-800NGX WL in the section CDU left I put:

gauge00 = PMDG_737NGX! CDU_Screen, 0,0,390,625, L # 0

In P3D I open a new window with the left CDU. I drag the window to the screen and I OpenCockpits CDU dimensioned to fill the screen.

I have tried your solution with no success, do you really get a window with only the display of the CDU on it or do you get the full CDU with the keys in a window? By the way what I did was to add the _Screen part to the line as above. Thanks.

Hello Nono15,

I have similar setup as yours (OC FMC v2, PMDG NGX, FSUIPC v4.86) and as I am using your instruction to get FSUIPC to recognize but have been unsuccessful so far. Nothing shown when I pressed key "A" from CDU in FSUIPC Key Presses tab. Encoder_keys shown the corresponding value of the pressed key in Last Key field.  Likewise the SIOC Monitors shown the same value for the same pressed key.

I edited the encoder_keys.ini to send (like yours) Cntl+F10 when pressed the A key on the CDU. I also deleted all buttons/keys and  control axises assignments from FSX.

I am running both sioc.exe and encoders_keys.exe when doing the FSUIPC assignments.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Vince

I have tried your solution with no success, do you really get a window with only the display of the CDU on it or do you get the full CDU with the keys in a window? By the way what I did was to add the _Screen part to the line as above. Thanks.

Very sorry, I did not get a alert on this one. Anyway yes I do get a window with only the screen part of teh CDU no frames, no buttons, perfect to move in. Let me know if you still need help.

Indeed it is the V2 of the CDU does not work like v3. It includes a USB keys that emulates a keyboard.

It is definitely possible to use the SIOC script linked in the opencockpits download section. As you are using the CDU V2, you will have to make some minor changes in the script and in the SIOC.ini to tell the system you have an USB keys card connected instead of an CDU V3, but the rest of the script is the same (as I remember, I used the CDU V2 some time ago before I switched to V3 beacuse of some issues with the graphics adapter)

I select custom Control and enter 70205 (69632+573) which is offset PMDG for letter A of left CDU. I put 1 in parameter. If I make the test in this way, I initialize FSUIPC with this configuration and when I press A on the CDU, letter A is display correctly on CDU but if I press for the second time or for the third time on A, it does not occur anything any more. It is identical which I notch No repeats or not. If I add offset 70205 in the section Control key hand feels When released with parameter 0, then with each striking on key A, the A is displayed 2 times on the screen of CDU. And it is similar which I notch or not No repeats.

Hello,

I have the same problem. I built a custom made CDU display (not opencockpits) and planned on using Hidmacros and FSUIPC to control it. Problem is I either get only one letter entry...then no more allowed.... or a "double letter" depending on script selection used. I am using PMDG 737ngx SDK variables in both Hidmacros AND FSUIPC with no luck. The closest I get is the "double letter" being entered, at least you can keep pushing the button to enter ore letters. Funny....if I enter "KORD"....it looks like "KKOORRDD".  Really sucks that no one else seems to have this issue.

I have absolutely no programming skills so I'm at my wits end. Both these programs yield the same results. I am leaning toward PMDG 737ngx variables as being the problem.

Example of HIDMacros line:

HIDMacros.FSXEvent "#70223", 1
HIDMacros.FSXEvent "#70223", 0

I tried all variations in FSUIPC with same results. HIDMacros would be be solution because you can use as many keyboards as you want, with unlimited key presses.

Larry Cox