Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

FSL A320

I Explained it. Aerosoft sells the boxed versions of FSLabs products or at least they have done for the Concorde.

Why hinder one of your vendors for the sake of a few months breathing room?

I don't think the market (aka target group) that FSL targets, cares a lot about boxes (boxed versions).

I don't think the market (aka target group) that FSL targets, cares a lot about boxes (boxed versions).

I do agree with you, Don't get me wrong i don't think i own one boxed version of anything myself.

But most of the big dev's release boxed versions so there must be some sales to justify it.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

"Lined up for another test flight on this cold Sunday morning. This time testing the various icing simulation/effects and anti-icing systems you'll find on the FSLabs A320-X. Just like the aircraft manufacture, we have to test our aircraft in extreme conditions, to ensure an authentic simulation of the A320 in all flight regimes.

More previews to follow..."

Hi Jerad...

I only fly in the summer. So can I have mine now please ? :P

Regards

Bill

Aerosoft, having been telling us "close to release even to the point of saying/talking about a Zulu hour this Friday", well...just looked at there forum and it looks months away, there still talking about the troubles they have.

IMO if they had not even given any "close to release even to the point of saying/talking about a Zulu hour this Friday" and just keep to updates then fine. But how could you say zulu hour and it's still months away? Sorry but I think Aerosoft have made a joke of the release of there bus, ofc I understand things can come up but to keep saying month after month its close to release is almost shameful.

As for FSLabs, I wish they did do updates just so we know how it's moving on, but if it came out before the Aerosoft Bus then why would you buy there bus. IMO most would just buy the FSLabs bus and it would cost Aerosoft a lot but the way they have handled the release then imo they only have themselves to blame.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not going to be the cause of an argument here but does anyone else think FSLabs would deliberately hold off until at a month or two after Aerosoft Extended was released. Here are my reasons for thinking this.

Extended sales would/should not affect FSLab sales as most of us hard-core simmers know that the FSLabs version is going to be an instant classic.

On the other hand…..

FSLabs sales would crush Aerosoft sales if released at the same time, why would someone want to buy an aircraft less worthy of our money even if there is a slight price difference

Also…..

Aerosoft is a distributor and publisher of the boxed version “ FSLabs Concorde” I imagine it will be the same with the A32x.I doubt FSLabs will upset there colleagues over at Aerosoft by releasing it around the same time thus killing the Extended before she even really took off.

Later when the Extended sales have died off the FSLabs could be released and everyone is happy Simmers and Developers

P.S I know it sounds like I am slightly bashing Aerosoft but I’m really honestly not, I am a happy customer of theirs and will be for some time

The price difference isn't so slight if you previously purchased the original Airbus X. In that case, getting the Extended will be only 16 Euros or so. Compared to the much higher price that the FSLabs will probably cost, it's something big to consider for as far as I'm concerned... It is this indeed that makes me wonder what I should buy. Th FSLabs will no doubt be a great aircraft, but I'll have to figure out if it's worth it for me to buy an aircraft at a much higher price that will have all kinds of features that I probably never use or notice (I mean, if even you, an actual Airbus pilot, doesn't notice some things, then how would I notice it...?).

David (and others I guess): I'm honestly not sure why people are getting so worked up about the delays Aerosoft has...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

David (and others I guess): I'm honestly not sure why people are getting so worked up about the delays Aerosoft has...

Well it depends how you look at it, one way is ...lets try this.

You walk into Audi and ask them to build a custom TT with the paint you want and extras. Audi says becasue of all the extra work we cannot give you a date.

You say that's fine you just want it right.

After a year Audi phone you, you did NOT phone them and they say " your car is almost ready, will be with you in around a month"

You think " happy days"

Then Audi phone you and say " you car should be with us Friday, we will ring you and let you know the time you can come and collect it"

Now any normal person at this point would be really looking forward to there car.

Audi phone and say" there is a fault, wont take long, sorry we will get back to you.

Months go by not weeks months and all you here is," its not ready yet"

Sorry but imo most people would begin to think they wish they had gone to BMW.

If being let down countless times would not bother you then.....fine.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If an Flight Sim add on delay is a let down then something is wrong. It's a add on. Things happen. Blows my mind how people completely overreact over this. This is why companies like FSL and PMDG don't say anything about what they're doing. People freak completely out.

Well it depends how you look at it, one way is ...lets try this.

You walk into Audi and ask them to build a custom TT with the paint you want and extras. Audi says becasue of all the extra work we cannot give you a date.

You say that's fine you just want it right.

After a year Audi phone you, you did NOT phone them and they say " your car is almost ready, will be with you in around a month"

You think " happy days"

Then Audi phone you and say " you car should be with us Friday, we will ring you and let you know the time you can come and collect it"

Now any normal person at this point would be really looking forward to there car.

Audi phone and say" there is a fault, wont take long, sorry we will get back to you.

Months go by not weeks months and all you here is," its not ready yet"

Sorry but imo most people would begin to think they wish they had gone to BMW.

If being let down countless times would not bother you then.....fine.

There is a problem in this analogy: you did not go to Aerosoft and ask them to build an A320 for you. They are doing this because they think it can make them a profit and because commercial partners are interested. You seem to be putting a very personal component into this but as Randy says also, it's just an addon... I can understand that you feel disappointed if something you really want doesn't come your way, but really, it's only an addon...

Indeed it does not bother me in this case because it's just an addon. If it would concern an appointment with somebody that is very, very dear to me, yes then I would get very disappointed, disillusioned even if it would occur time on time again. But the Aerosoft A320? No, sorry... just not that important to me I guess... I'll get it when it's out and up until then I'll keep watching screenshots as they become available.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes its just an add-on and like you am not losing any sleep I do agree with you, but the point I was making is all the false hopes about the release and how that imo leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Also I don't agree with "well we have not paid for anything so they dont owe us anything" They want our money is the bottom line and if I don't feel right like I would not about the "car", or you could say I feel "disillusioned" with them on when they say they are delivering there BUS then I will vote with my money and that Aerosoft will not like.

They want money for there product as much as they can get. But as it stands FSLabs have not left a bad taste in my mouth and that with other reason is if both come out this Friday it's a no brain'er to the one I would buy.

At my age I have far more important things to have sleepless nights over than a add-on for a sim on a PC, but IMO Aerosoft have not handled this release very well to say the least.

Also the Q400 looks like being my #1 "must buy" so personally I wish that would come first.

That thing will sell like hot cakes when it's released. I'm looking forward to the Q400 and the CRJ personally. I'm not much of an Airbus guy.

... This is why companies like FSL and PMDG don't say anything about what they're doing. People freak completely out.

PMDG did infact use the same approach as Aerosoft for their previous release, the NGX. First they said coming mid-2010, then they said coming 2010. When we reached the end of the year they realized that they wouldnt be able to release it in 2010, so they changed their stance to "coming soon". It was labeled as "coming soon" from mid-december to mid-august.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

That's not the same as setting an exact date such as September 3rd.

...Yet :smile:

I'll get the FSL for sure just because. But I'm a red blooded American raised on Boeing so that's my soft spot.

My two must-haves are the Majestic Q400 and FSL A320. As long as I get them, I'm a happy chappy!