Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Jakoloff Bay - another short strip

Just South of Oyster Cove where the strip is on a plateau and is very short, you will find Jakoloff Bay:

Jakoloff_Bay_01_zps0f2f857f.jpg

Yikes! Looks good, so I have to try it. :lol:

Jakoloff_Bay_02_zps2c94904c.jpg

Jakoloff_Bay_03_zps91863195.jpg

Jakoloff_Bay_04_zps06b7334f.jpg

Not much of a landing strip, it is?

Jakoloff_Bay_05_zps8ca7869b.jpg

Very, very short, and not very wide either. If you don't land right on the centerline, you will crash into those trees that are so close on the side. Or fall off the end of the runway! :rofl:

Jakoloff_Bay_06_zpsd337d043.jpg

I'm sure that others love this kind of landing.

By the way, the real Jakoloff Bay strip is just a gravel bar on the water's edge, so this is clearly a bug. Probably the data source had the airport elevation wrong, and that is why it is raised on a plateau. Still, it looks very dramatic this way. Nonetheless, I have added this strip to my "Flight Bugs" folder where it joins many others, in case the project is ever re-launched some day. Never lose hope! :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Another good one Luis, keep up the good work!

I'll try that one at home tonight! Thx Luis - also another one to try from FSX Gold :-)

I was trying to find photos of the real airfield, but couldn't :-(

In X-Plane10 is exists, of course there are no Seasonal textures around it, and it's at ground/water level, not in a plateau like in MS FLIGHT... I wonder how it looks in default FSX Gold...?

MS FLIGHT, of course, as usual, and specially using the Carbon Cub, gives a vrey special immersion :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok! Thx! So, it's wrong, or at least more wrong in MS FLIGHT than in X-Plane10 :-/

Will check in FSX ASAP...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...