... wondering:

• how many Monitors Prepar3D is supporting ?
  • Any limitations to the mode Window or Full Screen ?
  • Does it support over the Network Monitors, or we need to you 3ed party like wideview ???

Yair

1. I believe six off one card as they announced they were "Gold Certified" with ATI, but I would never run P3D with six displays off one card.

2. Window mode no problem. With one display you can run full screen. You cannot run full screen with multiple displays. You can simulate a full screen experience with Eyefinity or Surround, however, by using 3rd party addons like 'P3D Borderless'.

3. It does support multiple displays over a network environment and does not require WidevieW. It is built into the program however you will need separate copies pf Prepar3D loaded on each PC. There are several articles you can read up on this at their website.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well I stand corrected. Apparaently you can use P3D in Full screen mode across three dispalys in Surround. Before I could not. I performed an update of all MS Windows updates. I went down in my Nvidia drivers from 310 beta back to 306.97 and now I find I can switch from Window to Full screen with no issues! :yahoo:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

tnx for your comments Clutch :)

My goal is to achieve 180Deg Panoraminc Scenery view

So, the conclusions are:

For scenery,the better setup will be, 5 monitor over LAN, P3D can handle this (Need extra copy of P3D, no Widview required ).

For instrument, 2 Monitor locally.

I have seen this setup on one of the Commercial simulators, & it looks awesome, I talked to the Tech guys & he told me that they use X-Plan , & though X-Plan is capable to handle Multi - Monitors over LAN, there quite bit of tweaking & tech skills involved in the process.

I have seen this setup on one of the Commercial simulators, & it looks awesome, I talked to the Tech guys & he told me that they use X-Plan , & though X-Plan is capable to handle Multi - Monitors over LAN, there quite bit of tweaking & tech skills involved in the process.

What is X-Plan ?

If you are referring to X-Plane, P3D and X-Plane are two simulators completely different :P

But it's another story (or war, if you prefer !)

Pierre

..yeah Pierre I know that X-Plane & P3D are different, I ,personally, knows nothing & never tried X-Plane, but I was really impressed by the 5X24" Monitor setup & with he fact that the LAN capabilities are build up into the Simulator .... I'm currently using 42" Plasma TV for my VC on one port, & 2 15" widscreen over TH2G for my instrument on the other port . I'm quite happy with the set up (GA VFR) ,however, I'm missing the Panoramic View & since the whole market is in transition to P3D, I see my next Sim Pit set up as a Multi-Computer Panoramic View with 4 or 5 Monitor for the Scenery over a LAN with P3D .. still very preliminary & I'm pretty much sure that I wouldn't make any move before P3D will come out with Ver. 2.

Anyway, tnx for your comment

Have a wonderful holiday

&

A great , Sim year. :p0504:

Yair

Onboard video card runs these. :Big Grin:

This is Dino Cattaneos Freeware F-5 in Prepar3d.

BTW. This is the cockpit that we are building. The lower large monitor will be replaced with a touch screen monitor.

2012-04-18222637_zps1ffe3711.jpg

Awsom setup!  Always enjoy looking at other's cockpits.

Nice Pit RAFSB .... can you get us some information about the monitors & graphic setup & configuration

Tnx

Yair

2012-04-23191451_zps068ce6e0.jpg

Hi Yair,Here is a new Pic of our remodeled F-35 cockpit. (second remodel).

We have 10 HP AMD A-10 5700 computers. The graphic card is ATIs onboard Raedon 7550 with 1VGA and 1 DMI output.

The large monitor is a direct connect (VGA)

The 3 top monitors are 1 DMI going to a DMI box and then 3 DMI cables to the monitors. The DMI box is very expensive.

Hope this helps you.

Peter

Thats very interesting, I am running four monitors, two networked via one machine, two off my main machine, I am using FSxpand for my eng instruments/standby.  But if P3D will LAN something like the Ifly 737 then I would be over the moon with that or even just to Lan the scenery.  Its about time sharing gauges etc became easier.  At the moment its very difficult.  And its near impossible to get data out of third party addons also.   The interfaces are complex and are heavy on resources.  I would like to split my cockpit and run scenery on one machine and all the flight deck on another machine.  I hope this is implemented in the future.