Sign in to follow this  
Avian

Settings not saved with SP2

Although it seems to be working OK, I am finding that any changes I make in the UI Wx options panel are not persistant, for example the program opens up with Smooth Cloud transitions selected, I wish to change that to DWC and it lets me make the selection as well as telling me to restart the program, but on restarting the option is set back to smooth cloud transitions again, the same with any other changes I make, regardless of my clicking the save and apply button.

May have to set it to DWC in the options.cfg file until we hear from Damian on this. Or more drastically there is always the re-install option.

Thanks HiFly, I had a look at that file and it seemed correct, but then I also checked the other three files which are the configs for the various options at start up, VFR etc, as I have been select the VFR option at startup I am now guessing that it defaults to that config but does not write to it when changes are made but writes the changes to the standard file, I had not realised there were other config files and this seems a good explanation for what I am seeing, so not a bug, just a different config loading.

Unless of course it SHOULD be writing to those files, in which case it's not working as it ought.

Hi,

When choosing a default options profile your settings will always be overwritten to match the options profile selected. If you wish to change options and have them show up next time you need to choose "Keep current settings". You can also disable the options profile screen at startup in the general options. I think you've already confirmed this and you are choosing the VFR/Low Altitude profile so this should explain it.

If you wish to actually change the default option profiles you can indeed edit the .cfg files to your liking in the users\username\appdata\roaming\hifi\as2012\options folder.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian, thanks for the clarification, I had indeed figured out the process and am happy to say all is working as it should.