Sign in to follow this  

I had been using 4 - 2g sticks of Mushkin #996805 Redline 1600Mhz RAM at 6-8-6-24 2T timings up to now. I just swapped out for 2-4g sticks of Mushkin #996996 Redline 2133 at 9-11-10-28 1T timings. Don't see any apparent change in fps at any particular CPU overclock, but I have not carefully measured any performance differences between them either. Very stable at 1.65v at 5G+ overclocks.

Kind regards,

So is your first impression that its basically not worth the money?

Well, not really...

I just had not taken any meaningful measurements to determine one way or another. Theoretically it should be a better system match, but smooth and smoother is kind of hard to tell apart subjectively.

Kind regards,

Is there a site that lets you know what Max memory speed your mobo supports SpiritFlyer?

I was looking at the same speed ram as you got.

I had been using 4 - 2g sticks of Mushkin #996805 Redline 1600Mhz RAM at 6-8-6-24 2T timings up to now. I just swapped out for 2-4g sticks of Mushkin #996996 Redline 2133 at 9-11-10-28 1T timings. Don't see any apparent change in fps at any particular CPU overclock, but I have not carefully measured any performance differences between them either. Very stable at 1.65v at 5G+ overclocks.

Kind regards,

Its only slightly better your. 1600mhz mems ar Very fast , the diff is probaly 2% when locking on the 2133 timings

Rough tumb of rule: 1% 100mhz, 1% cl first number , 1T 2t 1%, then you can have 1-2% by tweak the last 3 digits , 1% on subtimings in bios

Kind regards hasse

I've done the same thing going from similar timing 1600 to 16gb of 9-10-10-26 2133 with minimal gains. Not worth it at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Its only slightly better your. 1600mhz mems ar Very fast , the diff is probaly 2% when locking on the 2133 timings

Rough tumb of rule: 1% 100mhz, 1% cl first number , 1T 2t 1%, then you can have 1-2% by tweak the last 3 digits , 1% on subtimings in bios

Kind regards hasse

Is that in synthetic tests in AIDA or in FSX?

Is that in synthetic tests in AIDA or in FSX?

Thats FSMark11 , Did à lot testing with same settings on CPU only working with the mems.

Its clear that mems have à impact on FSX , but its à peace of cake to OC the SB CPU to +5.2ghz or IB to+4.9ghz ,Its much more complicated to get à proper OC to the mems.

Offtopic : you can have up to 4% gain only tweak voltages ( run same CPU and memspeed timings)

Fsx is à beast to tune, everything adds CPU clock memspeed timings ,

Overall the key is to have à well balanced OC .

Kind regards Hasse

Overall the key is to have à well balanced OC .

Got it, thank goodness! Very fast and very stable.

Kind regards,

Very fast and very stable.

Good one, Kind of Strange that à small thing like that is so damm difficult .