Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Any Recommendations to replace RadarContact

Hi

For years i have used RC4 and its been excellent, but just searching through my sent email box for the number of times i have had to rerequest license key cause i move folders around on PC, or upgraded HDD to SSD etc, its shocking number of key requests sent.

For comparison As2012 was on the same HDD i moved to SSD and AS2102 auto updated its license did not ask me to email wait reply for another key in some time T in future.

Much granted this license procedures are there to protect against piracy, but this RC4 license solution is a step too far, too inconvinient considering the average FSX PC is getting upgraded in some shape or form every month.

My main objective here is seeking the opinion of others who might have tried RC4 and found Addon ATC that can be classed as equally good or better, please name the addon.

I heard of Vox ATC, but not sure hot it would work cause i prefer to interact with key press not voice control.

Cheers

OK, here are the opions i am considering so far, appreciate any usefull opnion

Pro Flight Emulator /FDC Live Cockpit FDC (heard these 2 work best together, not sure)

vox atc 6

Pro ATC

Multicrew Experience

I prefer a solution where i have co pilot to handle detail like in RC4, and option to use keyboard to interact if not using mic.

trying to get out of radar contact always being the part that fails the process of upgrade, test upgrade does not lead to CTD, wait for radar contact to send you new key today or tommorow , make a flight to enjoy your upgrade.

Prefer to get addon ATC that can be there when i need it after upgrading my PC.

cheers

There is a new addon: pro-atc from pointsoftware.de. Unfortunately, the addon was rather in alpha then in beta stage when published. Meanwhile it is getting better, but I am not yet fully convinced. Have a look at their forums. But be aware, they don't publish postings that are too critical.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi

For years i have used RC4 and its been excellent, but just searching through my sent email box for the number of times i have had to rerequest license key cause i move folders around on PC, or upgraded HDD to SSD etc, its shocking number of key requests sent.

You dont have the original key? If so did you try to reinstall it?

How can they tell you you can't upgrade your PC?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

You dont have the original key? If so did you try to reinstall it?

How can they tell you you can't upgrade your PC?

For RC4 there is no such thing as an original key, the key is generated according to some details of your machine, and i must say very very specific details.

So that every time you move folders around, upgeade haed disk , cange cpu and who knows what else, all other FSX addons are ready to go when you are, Except for RC4 you need to reuest via email for a new license that matches the new state of your upgraded PC. NO longer workable solution for me, i am currenlty in process of upgrading my system slowly.

There is a new addon: pro-atc from pointsoftware.de. Unfortunately, the addon was rather in alpha then in beta stage when published. Meanwhile it is getting better, but I am not yet fully convinced. Have a look at their forums.

Thanks for the tip, will google pro atc pros cons

Edited by firehawk44
Removed Provocative comments in quote.

Ok Vox ATC 6 is looking very promising at the moment, like the fact its got FO so no need to micro manage.

PFE is fine. The interface is better and it doesn't pester you. I have it on a totally different partition to FS9 and Windows. Therefore it doesn't appear in the registry. Likewise FS9!!!

All it needs to know is where you keep FS9.

RC4 reinstalls are fairly easy, not not automatic. Once you launch it, it generates the info needed for the email verification. I've reinstalled numerous times.

Guest johnan

I have lost count of the number of times I have re-installed RC over the years on very many different computers. No problem at all, in fact the process was very quick...you send an email requesting the new licence code, it is sent back very quickly, you enter it as required and that is it. I am trying out VOXatc at present which suits me as I leave the FO to do the radio work while I fly the plane! It is a little simplistic but a good program all the same.

RC4 reinstalls are fairly easy, not not automatic. Once you launch it, it generates the info needed for the email verification. I've reinstalled numerous times.

+1 I've reinstalled loads of times. Usually email replies are within a few hours. Never had to wait a day.

Paul Skol

Hi

Does VoxAtc require that you must use voice, can i use with just keyboard. Gnenrally will leave FO to do most of the work.

Just tried ProATc, looked at it for 20mins could not figure out how to load exising FS flight plan, so parked that right there.

So my next options are

PFE

VoxATC

Quite dissapointed ProATc does not seem to allow you to load exising fsx flight plan and just go with that. Next stop PFE.

By the way i now have my key from JD after 2 days and about 4 emails. but i have moved on from RC4 now, its always the bottle neck in the upgrade pc, test setup/oc , fly process.

There is a new addon: pro-atc from pointsoftware.de. Unfortunately, the addon was rather in alpha then in beta stage when published. Meanwhile it is getting better, but I am not yet fully convinced. Have a look at their forums. But be aware, they don't publish postings that are too critical.

Critical posts are removed and if the poster is a repetitive offender he gets removed/banned too.Keep this in mind just in case you want to beta test the product.

Just tried ProATc, looked at it for 20mins could not figure out how to load exising FS flight plan, so parked that right there.

Quite dissapointed ProATc does not seem to allow you to load exising fsx flight plan and just go with that.

These statements are provocative and further comments like this will not be allowed here. The fact you could not load a flight plan or figure out how to load a flight plan does not justify your comments as the manual and other information on the developers website clearly explains how this is done. Using this forum to show your dislike for a product after only using it for 20 minutes is clearly not justified. This topic is closed.

Jim Young

AVSIM Forum Moderator

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

To everyone - I'm unlocking this topic as I thought it was getting out of control but apologized to the OP for telling him the information he is looking for in regards to ProATC is in the manual and on the developers website. The info about how to save and load a ProATC flightplan to fsx is not in the manual yet but it is discussed in the forum. So I was partially right. Discussions can continue but should stay on topic as started by the OP. I just request there be no product bashing be it RC4 or ProATC and discussions continue in a respectful and mature manner.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I use both RC4 and PFE and like both. It seems RC4 is better at handling big iron and PFE is good at handling GA planes, but that is just my opinion.

I never had a problem reinstalling either one (besides PFE installation being complex compared to RC4 but again that's just me) multiple times. Email the RC4 generated code and a key will be returned within a day (give or take a day on weekends) but they don't restrict you that I have ever heard. Support for both products is superb I might add.