Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

Partly transparent cockpit

Hello,

after sometime of using my FSX I discovered that actually I have a weird problem. The problem appears on my PMDG MD11 and 737NGX. Minutes after take off, parts inside the cockpit are getting transparent! I will be more precise. I see properly all the NDs, the PFDs and all other instruments, but around them everything is transparent. I see the ground! The same happens on the upper panel. I see all the buttons and switches and the rest is all the night sky with stars! The strange thing about this, is that happens ONLY when I select night time or late afternoon time from the FSX main menu. Selecting daytime everything works perfect.

I posted this same post in the PMDG MD11 forum and i got there an answer saying that this is a bug of FSX and there is not a known fix for this. Is this true? Does that mean that we FSX users cannot fly virtually at night or afternoon?

Please can somebody shed a light into this and tell me from where the problem come from and if there is finally a solution?

Thank you in advance

Yes there is a fix, you need to add highmemfix to your fsx.cfg file, do a sea

Sorry but I didn't understand. I need to add highmemfix. This is fully understood but under what value and in which section of the fsx.cfg file? highmemfix=?

highmemfix=1 in the graphics section of your fsx.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello once again,

by adding the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the grapfics section of the .cfg the issue of transparent cockpit has been solved. But, today after a two hour flight, arriving at my destination airport, some buildings were invisible.

Do i have to change the value of 1 or something else?

Thank you

Several possibilities --

Check your scenery.cfg for duplicate entries.

Make sure your scenery is set high in priority and not being trumped by another scenery that is located in the area.

Make sure scenery complexity is set to max in the FSX settings.

If you have DX10 Preview enabled, old FS textures are not compatible and you need to install the Addon_Converter which will fix the problem(s) on the fly.

The highmemfix=1 means it is turned on. highmemfix=0 meanes it is off. Only two settings.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

if there are duplicate entries how i can see those? My scenery cfg looks like this but in the [area] field only the area number changes:

[Area.002]

Title=Standardszenerie

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Normal wise i should not also see all my addon airports there?

In the scenery library, in the list, i see the airport in question Mega Airport Athens_SC on top, and under Mega Airport Athens_LC. I don't see another scenery located in that area

In the scenery settings all the sliders are maxed

DX10 Preview is not enabled

Thank you for your time

Problem solved! I made a mistake and now adding the HIGHMEMFGIX in the fsx.cfg works fine. So no missing parts of buildings anymore.

I have a question though. Since I add the highmemfix, I noticed that i got blurries on the terrain. Before adding it, the terrain looked sharper. Am i right or it is just my imagination?