Sign in to follow this  
jomata

Can't install FSX SP2 on Win7 64

Please help.

I run Win 7 64 on my laptop. Have FSX deluxe installed from the DVD and registered.

Downloaded and installed SP1 just fine.

Now, downloaded SP2 and when trying to instal it I get an installer error.

I have attached a pic of the error.

Can anyone help me?

Some add-ons wn't work without SP2.

Thank you.

Standing by to see what happens on this one. So many people use Win 7 now you should hopefully find a solution.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Either your download is corrupted,or the windows installer is. Try downloading the windows installer package again and/or the servicepack 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Now, downloaded SP2 and when trying to instal it I get an installer error.

I have attached a pic of the error.

Can anyone help me?

Some add-ons wn't work without SP2.

Hopefully, by now, you have this fixed and SP2 is installed but just in case, make sure you start up FSX and run it once after installing SP1 to make sure FSX is working properly. Then try to install SP2. Right click on the SP2.exe and select Run as Administrator.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

The Windows 7 64bit installer must be fine because I have installed other unrelated software afterwards.

The SP2 file I'm trying to install is: fsx_sp2_ENU.msi

Still getting that very same error.

I downloaded this file from the Microsoft page.

Should I get it from somewhere else?

Thank you

Either your download is corrupted,or the windows installer is. Try downloading the windows installer package again and/or the servicepack 2

Are you using the smae language as the FSX installer?

As Bradley said. Your download is probably corrupt. Try downloading it with another browser if you still cant get it working.

I can't figure why I get that error message when attempting to install SP2.

Language is correct. My FSX Deluxe is in english and I downloaded the correct file as indicated above, I should think.

SP1 installed nicely without problems. FSX is running fine.

What does it mean the "correct installer package"?

Is that the Windows 7 installer or the SP2 package?

I would say the windows installer package is fine since I have installed other software afterwards, right?

Maybe I should just buy the Accelerator and forget about installing SP2.

Can someone please help here?

Thank you

I can't figure why I get that error message when attempting to install SP2.

Language is correct. My FSX Deluxe is in english and I downloaded the correct file as indicated above, I should think.

SP1 installed nicely without problems. FSX is running fine.

What does it mean the "correct installer package"?

Is that the Windows 7 installer or the SP2 package?

I would say the windows installer package is fine since I have installed other software afterwards, right?

Maybe I should just buy the Accelerator and forget about installing SP2.

Can someone please help here?

Thank you

I assume you are running the installer as administrator.

Is it imperative to install SP2 before installing other FSX addons.

Also running Win7 64 bit.

John

Hi John

You mean I should uninstall all add-ons, then install SP2 and then reinstall the add-ons?

I'll try that.

Thank you

Sorry, I now realized it was meant to be a question.

Well, that didn't work either.

I guess this calls for a clean install.

J

Sorry, I now realized it was meant to be a question.

Well, that didn't work either.

I guess this calls for a clean install.

J

That's what I would suggest. I just looked at the Microsoft website - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986 and it states "Your Flight Simulator X installation must have all original files unchanged: a repair may be necessary if you have changed any files". If you installed an addon that changed the texture or scenery folders, this might have stopped the installation.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10