Sign in to follow this  
Wildblue

How can i install SWED2011

Hi,

Some help needed please. I downloaded this wonderfull freeware scenery but i cannot figure out how to install it. There is an English installation doc in the download but it's translated from Swedish and i just can't figure it out.

http://www.123minsida.se/SWED2011/

Greetings Eric

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Greetings

Copy the install doc here for people to read, rather than having to download the whole package for a few kb's of text.

Thanks for the reaction.

Here's the install doc as attachement.

Greetings Eric

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Very complicated indeed. Basically you'll need to add, replace and edit some default files in FSX/P3D (Step 1-7), then copy the SWED2011-scenery to your addon folder and activate all folders within it in the scenery libary manually.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hello Eric...I'd be curious to know how it works for you after you do get it installed. I tried installing it a week or so ago and it brought my machine to its knees. It was like watching a slide show. Completely un-flyable. Anyone else have problems with it? I'm thinking that I probably did something wrong with the install. It is definitely a lot more involved than most scenery installs.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hello Eric...I'd be curious to know how it works for you after you do get it installed. I tried installing it a week or so ago and it brought my machine to its knees. It was like watching a slide show. Completely un-flyable. Anyone else have problems with it? I'm thinking that I probably did something wrong with the install. It is definitely a lot more involved than most scenery installs.

Sounds strange.

Sad about the complicated install, otherwise I would have had this running on my computer. Once a scenery tries to alter default FSX values it gets complicated and really needs an advanced installer that does things for you.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi,

Some help needed please. I downloaded this wonderfull freeware scenery but i cannot figure out how to install it. There is an English installation doc in the download but it's translated from Swedish and i just can't figure it out.

http://www.123minsida.se/SWED2011/

Greetings Eric

After reading instructions (in Swedish) one thing caught my attention. They list some software that should be installed from start for example FSX itself. They also list Ultimate Terrain here. Does this mean that UTX is a requiremen for this scenery package ? I ask since I only have UTX USA but not Europe.

The manual does not say should be installed. It says must be installed. How much clearer can they make it?

The manual does not say should be installed. It says must be installed. How much clearer can they make it?

It does say and I cut and paste here

Följande bör vara installerat:

must=måste should=bör

symantics on translation....basically I would "guess" that UTX provides that vector elements needed to provide the base for their scenery, like harbours, roads etc...accurate vs the default.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I installed it by following the instructions, so they were clear to me.

I've flown a few bits of it OK, but I got a slideshow at Malmo.

Need to spend a bit more time with it and perhaps run with a bit less WX.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I've flown a few bits of it OK, but I got a slideshow at Malmo.

That's where my slideshow was too. I departed EKCH and started to head east-northeast and when I got around that area, it just killed my performance. I had to quit FS and disable the scenery.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

If you don't mind me asking - outside of the area near Malmo, how is it anyway? Worth the effort to try out?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

If you don't mind me asking - outside of the area near Malmo, how is it anyway? Worth the effort to try out?

I only did the one flight with it around the Malmo/Copenhagen area and then I disabled the scenery. So I haven't tried areas away from Malmo. Since I am flying out of Copenhagen a lot right now, I don't want to enable it as all my flights would be slide shows.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I've found the scenery good provided I start in Sweden. So flying around Malmo is great. But, if I fly from Bornholm to Malmo, I get a CTD as I approach the Swedish coast. Without SWED2011 no problem, with SWED2011 it dies!