Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Sky Simulations - anybody there?

Thought I would give the Sky Sim DC9 another bash to see whether I should keep in my primary flight folder, or move it to my secondary aircraft folder for less used aircraft - as from memory it wasn't too bad to fly.

However, I noticed it was no longer one of the aircraft I could choose in my primary aircraft options. Went looking for it and it was not there? Nor was it in my secondary aircraft folder. How weird. I do not remember uninstalling it but whatever I may have done so and forgotten.

No problem,I have the original and have the serial number form my purchase in 2009 so I will just reinstall I thought.

No, said it was already installed.

No problem, run the registry cleaner and sorted that out. The Install program now allows for reinstall. But then when using the Internet to register the product the install was halted and an alert message stated that the serial number was not valid?? More weirdness. I went online and checked my purchase and the serial number - yep, one and the same.

So, emailed Sky simulations support (Two emails) showing proof of purchase. 5 days later no response. So go online to Simmarket forum and see others have experienced the same issue with no response to their emails, and (assuming the worst) no installation resolution either.

One question; Are the developers Sky simulations still operating? and if so why are they not replying to user emails?

Simmarket continues to sell their planes.

One Statement; Online registration and Internet validation are all very fine if the company remains operating. The problem for the consumer arises when a company either chooses not to support their own website or goes bust? Do we write off the purchase? I am not a fan of online validation (either always online or online once). These hoops and circles we are all forced to jump through to protect and prevent piracy are in fact a real frustration for the legitimate end user. As for those who immorally choose to gain the benefits of Developer's work does the inclusion of online validation curtail their acts? Very difficult to determine this one I suspect. As for me - I am starting to shy away from software requiring continuing ONline DRM and serial number validation for more than one install. (i.e. reinstalling) for the very reason demonstrated above.

Well. i had the same problem you´re facing some months ago. Sent more than 5 emails to them. In th end they replied after let´s say 2 months of my original request (Don´t remember the exact amout of days). Interesting that there is only this email to get in touch with them.

All i can say to you is that they will respond to you some day ... just be patient. Sorry :(

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Guest Raul_Hernandez

I had the problem too.

I tried to reinstall the DC-9 and it fails (it connects to internet), despite using the correct code.

Sent 2 emails, no reply.

I think they are perhaps gone. :(

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Raul, When did you send the emails ? how long ago?

Hi, This was about 2 months ago. I had previously installed and run the DC-9 many times before. But now, it does not activate (with the same code I have always used).

To be honest, I did not pursue as I was not that hugely concerned about the add-on (it's ok but not the best), so I kind of let it drop.

I bought from Simmarket, so I should really contact Miguel about it.