Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Good modifications of default aircraft

Q_flyer: Yes please. I regret not grabbing them when they were available.

Here we go :-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110364712/A_Metzger_FDEs.zip

These were available via Alexander's site, and other sources for many years. Although Alexander's site is currently down, I am assuming he'd have no issue in me sharing these FDEs.  If any AVSIM Mods have an issue with these being shared, don't hesitate to remove the link.   Thanks. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Here we go :-

Thanks very much Q_Flyer. I hope Alexander doesn't mind, it's very much appreciated. Would be great if he could allow an upload into the AVSIM library to make it easier for everyone to enjoy his work.

COCKPITSOUNDS_V2.ZIP. By Daniel Gauthier. FSX Cockpit Sounds In all aircraft which use xml in the coding of switches which are the default planes. I think it's the addon of the year.

I just tried this out and I agree, outstanding work by Daniel and also Doug Dawson for the sound gauge.

Barry Friedman

The Beech 350 isn't perfect. It accelerates like a rocket, and the turbine throttle lag is a bit too exaggerated. It handles a bit better than default though, but with FS2002 graphics it is hardly flyable anyway :).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Oops, seems like I didn't check the status of A. Metzger's site. Guess I just knew that you guys will work around it either way. ^_^ :smile: Thanks to him for the work going into the free files.

Question: Does anyone know if one of the 172 mods actually changes the default 172SP to actual SP performance? I ask because the default 172 actually preforms closer to a stock 172 with 150HP motor instead of the SP 180.

Jay

Well, I think that this topic is dead but...

I am creating a freeware 172 model for P3D/FSX/FSX-SE and I am researching

good fligh models for study.

I was told that Metzger FDE fort the 172 is the best.

The link above for the 172 FDE is dead right now.

Does anyone have the Metzger's 172 FDE ?

Where I can find it ?

By now:

Model: 70%.

Sound: 50%.

VCockpit: 60%

Gauges:40%

FDE: 0% (reading some PDFs)

Thanks in advance

Paulo

Rio-Brazil