Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Nvidia driver version 310.70 is out!

Don't forget to check your NvidiaInspector settings after installing the new drivers.

I you follow the Word Not Allowed Tuning Settings

http://#####...hardware-guide/

look especially for the:

Antialiasing - Behavior Flags : NONE

(was reset as usual to : Treat 'override any application setting' as 'Application-controlled' ! )

But also no problems with the new driver as usual.

only the 306 driver no 310.70?????

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

OK thanks, I didn't realise it was a beta driver.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Works fantastically for my system. I am really glad to see that their driver team is hard at work keeping these cards running at their optimal performance.

look especially for the:

Antialiasing - Behavior Flags : NONE

(was reset as usual to : Treat 'override any application setting' as 'Application-controlled' ! )

do you mean to set NONE in AA setting? Standing to Word Not Allowed's guide this value is 8xS o something similar not NONE.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

i must report my first 4-5 consecutive fsx crashes after i instaled this driver, StackHash_2264 crash - i know this can happen becouse of drivers. I reverted back to 310.61 which is the best driver so far for my system, and fsx is stable again.

So, i though it's good ideea to report this :wink:

Works fantastically for my system. I am really glad to see that their driver team is hard at work keeping these cards running at their optimal performance.

Just keep in mind that new drivers are likely doing nothing for FSX - it's a 6 year old game that is probably not even on their radar for any changes, so any improvement seen is going to be either a byproduct of a change that improves overall performance or quality in any game, or it's just placebo effect. These specific drivers were released to improve performance and compatibility for people playing the new games that just came out in the last few weeks/days like Planetside 2, Far Cry 3, etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

do you mean to set NONE in AA setting? Standing to Word Not Allowed's guide this value is 8xS o something similar not NONE.

These are two separate lines in the same section..

Bert

Is anyone else running into FSX crashing very occasionally on loading a flight with the 310.xx series drivers? It seems like this started for me after switching from the 306 WHQL drivers to the 310 series (I have 310.64 installed right now but I tried the first couple of 310.xx releases) Specifically what happens, right at 100% on the loading bar, FSX.exe crashes, in the module NVd3dum.dll (part of the Nvidia display driver.)

It's not a show stopper since it happens maybe one out of every ten flights loaded, but it's still really annoying.

Just keep in mind that new drivers are likely doing nothing for FSX - it's a 6 year old game that is probably not even on their radar for any changes, so any improvement seen is going to be either a byproduct of a change that improves overall performance or quality in any game, or it's just placebo effect. These specific drivers were released to improve performance and compatibility for people playing the new games that just came out in the last few weeks/days like Planetside 2, Far Cry 3, etc.

Farcry3 is the most amazing beautiful open world game ever created.

Ricardo, you are talking about the Antialiasing - SETTING

My warning was for the Antialiasing - BEHAVIOR FLAGS : first line of the 'Antialiasing' section in NvidiaInspector.

^_^

Is anyone else running into FSX crashing very occasionally on loading a flight with the 310.xx series drivers? It seems like this started for me after switching from the 306 WHQL drivers to the 310 series (I have 310.64 installed right now but I tried the first couple of 310.xx releases) Specifically what happens, right at 100% on the loading bar, FSX.exe crashes, in the module NVd3dum.dll (part of the Nvidia display driver.)

It's not a show stopper since it happens maybe one out of every ten flights loaded, but it's still really annoying.

Yep same here on my new 670FTW. Nvd3dum CTD will happen after a while if I use the FS menu.

I have tried so many drivers but still have the same issue, I also followed Ryan's instructions regarding reinstalling the drivers. My 560TI worked perfectly but i have given it away already :(

What drivers we're you using prior to the Nvd3dum errors? I would like to give them a try.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Yep same here on my new 670FTW. Nvd3dum CTD will happen after a while if I use the FS menu.

I have tried so many drivers but still have the same issue, I also followed Ryan's instructions regarding reinstalling the drivers. My 560TI worked perfectly but i have given it away already :(

What drivers we're you using prior to the Nvd3dum errors? I would like to give them a try.

Cheers

I was using the latest WHQL drivers, 306.97. I'm hesitant to go back to those though since I do play a lot of other games like Assassin's Creed 3 which the 310 drivers improve quite a bit.