Sign in to follow this  
suvvers

Expired Download

Hoping for some help here.

I'm the proud owner of several PMDG products - or at least I used to be. I had a massive PC failure (actually it was more of a meltdown) which resulted in me losing literally EVERYTHING! It was some kind of virus that wiped my hard drive and my external hard drive. This meant that not only did I lose everything FS I also lost my back ups which included all the .exe files for my PMDG products. I still have all the original purchase e-mails from PMDG complete with order numbers but as you can imagine, the download links are long since expired. I've tried submitting tickets to PMDG but I'm not getting any answers. Does anyone have any ideas?

Steve

I see that you wrote backup in there, but backups some in several forms. Multiple copies of a file on the computer, while they're technically backup copies, is just about as productive as putting all of your spare keys on the same keychain...not gonna do you much help when you lose that keychain and really need to get in, right?

Always have a backup of your data on at least one read-only media (CD, DVD; better if it's RW), or if you'd prefer not to burn CDs, make sure to store the information on an external hard drive.

Security+ rant over, moving on.

Go to precisionmanuals.com and buy the extended download service (only a couple of dollars), and I think you're supposed to submit a support ticket as part of that. You also mentioned submitting tickets. How long have you waited for the turnaround? They normally get back to you within the day.

Take this as a lesson learned. In the future, make sure to backup copies off of the item that might be potentially attacked. If your computer has access to it immediately, it's within the blast radius. It'll save you a lot of time and money, I can guarantee it.

Kyle Rodgers