Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Boeing 787 in PMDGs Future?

While your patiently waiting for the 777 to come out here a is detailed review of the 787.

http://www.aviationw...-522072.xml&p=5

After your done with that here is an incredible High Res video of the 787 covering takeoff, cruise and landing. Awesome! By default the video starts at 360p just change it to 1080p for highest resolution and full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-s9ynMnPdCQ

I hope PMDG Will do this aircraft in the future. The Best Boeing ever designed.

Okay - most people would generally say "POPCORN!" - however I'm going to order a pizza B) But then again popcorn is a tad healthier!..

▲ hilarious!.

I'm sure an 787 will be givin. But just be prepared for a bit of a wait!

Impressive.

Its interesting to see how "deep down" in the systems "Direct Law" has gone.

Should be a very fun airplane to sim with...some day.

I usually try to avoid the speculation threads like this but I really hope we get the 787 from PMDG. I've been getting as much info as I can about the plane (vids, pics etc) and I must say it seems to be shaping up to be my favourite Boeing (I'm an Airbus kinda guy) so to see it from PMDG I'm sure will result in a knockout product.

After PMDG releases the 747-8, I don't see anything that would speak against a 787. They are good with Boeing and sure would find an airline which is willing to provide their aircraft for the photo survey. The only problem would be to find many 787 type rated pilots since there aren't that many out there.

After PMDG releases the 747-8, I don't see anything that would speak against a 787. They are good with Boeing and sure would find an airline which is willing to provide their aircraft for the photo survey. The only problem would be to find many 787 type rated pilots since there aren't that many out there.

I wonder if ANA or JAL pilots would lend a hand, they already have quite a few 787's in their fleet.

I doubt pmdg would go for 787 so soon. But i can already say that the panel gauges wouldnt be easy to program. The PFD can be switched to GPS TRACKING ND with ground and terrain mapping in background that tracks the aircraft in real time. Btw this is the same feature in A380 but its not as sophisticated as 787 though quite superior.

Bilal Asif Khan

I posted a thread of a 360 deg view video of a 787 takeoff and landing. Very cool as you can pan around with your mouse. Its a test flight back to boeing field.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393588-super-cool-360deg-video-of-787-cockpit-move-the-camera/

I would agree this would be a neat addition to PMDG's fleet but I think they are very cautious as to which products to develop as to popularity. Its still very new, and may need more market share and popularity first.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Wow.. seems that with Boeing taking more than a casual interest in PMDG recently, whom else would be in a better place than PMDG?

with an eye towards business.. it's a no brainer..

win win for both PMDG and Boeing; use of Boeing data/information integrated into PMDG 787 would be untouchable, in a class by itself

Personally, I'm expecting just that... of course it's already waaaay behind (schedule-wise) just like the T7 currently.. B)

Now there needs to be the integration of the best of FSX into the larger universe of X Plane; where aircraft "fly" according to actual physics "real-time"

I see this is where the next era of simulation is heading; sort of 3D virtual reality; undersea, space, terrestrial, gravity, atmosphere, no atmosphere

simulation of weather and effects of heat, cold, explosion, shock waves

All types of simulations being part of a larger whole; integrated at the level of your choice.

just day dreaming..

The systems on this aircraft is far more complicated than any previous aircraft by a long shot from that aviation week video. Therefore modelling the aircraft in FSX will be that much tougher. Probably up there with the same fly by wire challenges the airbus devs are having. But it certainly would be neat to look forward too. In the meantime, popcorn , and my 777 from PMDG will suffice for the years up till then. :)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png