Sign in to follow this  
Haddock

Engine fan is a solid white disc

Hi Chaps.

Apologies first of all that I cannot give a screen shot of my problem but my FSX now gives an error when I press "v", but that's another story.

Since I re-installed FSX following an H/D failure, whenever I select one of my PMDG 737 liveries, they now appear with the centre of the engine fans as a solid white disc, (rather than the black pointy bits with the white helixes - I don't know what they're called), and the fans themselves no longer rotate when the engines are running.

I tried downloaded the livery files from scratch and re-installing them, but the problem remains.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Load a different variant or another airplane, then re-load the NGX. The NGX doesn't like the same variant loaded twice in a row. You can load a 600 then a 700, but you cannot load a 600 then another 600, or you'll get the white turbofan nose cone anomaly.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Brilliant Dennis! Thank you.

I always used to have my default flight set up with a Cessna, but after re-installing, I'd set it up with a 737/800, so of course, as you said, I was always selecting the same variant.

Again, Many thanks.

Kevin O'Connell

It's best to keep the Default flight away from complex aircraft. The Ultra light at Friday harbour [with disable preload] works a charm for me

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Shouldn't be any reason to use NGX as default flight. Do you have advanced animations turned on? Did you check the NGX introduction documention and ensure FSX is setup correctly after reinstalling?

Now set my default flight up with a Cessna and everything is OK. Odd though, after I'd done that, my screenshot capture began working OK.

Thanks everyone for posting.

Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Actually I've found great success with bending over at the waist and touching my right big toe with my left hand while simultaneously selecting the aircraft with my right hand wrapped around my neck. Sometimes I get a little flicker but never crashes.