Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

So everyone may think I'm nuts but I may have figured out why my Cyborg X stick has been dropping out. It has to do with static electricity and since I wear rubber bottom slippers around the house in winter (and it is usually drier than a mining town call girl here in Colorado) and I usually get up and walk around during a flight. When I sit down and resume my flight guess what is the first thing I touch - yep the joystick. My last one I zapped about six buttons and with the new one I bought I just killed 3. Anyway my thought is that when this happens the port just shorts out and FSX senses that as the stick is gone. My new practice is (and since I'm not giving up my booties) is to touch one of the ports on my laptop to discharge the static. The laptop is never running so I don't feel that I'm doing any harm to it. This seems to work well and yes I got a replacement stick on order. Cheers jja PS my keyboard and mouse don't have this problem because they are wireless.

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Maybe these theads can be merged.

http://forum.avsim.n...ht/page__st__75

This thread has now been merged with the "Mega thread" thread.... PJ

:wink:

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

All I'm waiting for is for this issue to be fixed, then I won't doubt upgrading to Windows 8. I heard the performance increase is fairly significant...

Anyone with this issue - Have you noticed it only starts stopping you have been looking at other windows and the FSX window isn't active? Or does it do it regardless.

yes, always seems to happen when view different windows, and selecting other windows and closing some of them seems to bring the controls back.

Since I only fly the NGX and MD11, it never occured to be to try an inhouse aircraft.

Maybe you have something there.

it still happens with in house aircraft to me

Alastair Ireland

Does anyone know how I can improve the smoothness of the controls when they are running through FSUIPC? I often notice that the controls are lot more rough like it wants to bank easily. This wouldn't happen if the controller was working via the FSX menus.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Going waaaaay of the topic just this once, Mathew - FSUIPC has the ability for you to set your analogue controllers at any level of sensitivity that you wish. .... Unfortunately how to do it is buried on the 46th page of the FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf

Enjoy! :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I really hope you're right. I went back to Win7 because of this issue. I am eager to use Win8 again. I really think it's going to be a good OS. When I start seeing more positive posts about the disconnects I will. I hope everyone that is on Win8 will post when they are no longer getting the disconnects.

Thanks jja for the hopeful post.

Chuck Biggins

I am still getting disconnects with Win8, but only if I am surfing with IE10 during the flight.

Best regards from RelaxX

I'll install Windows 8 tomorrow. Anyone getting the disconnections with the Logitech G940 Flight System?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

No Stick disconnects in recent days. Must have been a MS Win 8 patch or something. Cheers jja

Seriously mate - I know you want to be helpful and all, but reading back in this thread, do you realize how often you've jumped to conclusions prematurely? So far you've been wrong every single time, and still you assume stuff based on a couple flights without problems.

For what it's worth, I'm on a fully updated Windows 8, and controller issues have not changed one bit.

Over 10 hours of flying and no disconnects. Just lucky I guess but I do ground myself before touching the stick now. Will let you know if it happens again Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Same problem to me with a Speedlink Black Widow joystick, today i could not even get airborne.

I think, the only possibility will be a second harddisk with a new Windows 7 Professional as second OS, which will cost me together some 250 € :-(

Best regards