Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

I dont know if there is a video tutorial online for setting up joysticks with FSUIPC, but the instructions in the manual are pretty straightforward. The one thing that you must do is disable the joystick in FSX and set each axis up in FSUIPC for sending the calibration information to FSUIPC and not as a normal FSX axis. Maybe you could post your question on the AVSIM FSUIPC forum.

So, I  think I *may* (I mean *may*) have come across a possible resolution for when  this happens. Even with the USB power settings disabled, it still happens for me.

So, I've noticed, when I ALT+TAB, the joystick "vanishes" for me and when I get back to FS, its gone and I can't control anything.

After playing around, I found something that returns the joystick 100% of the time for me with the flight still running.

1) Open up task manager

2) Look at the processes and locate FSX

3) Double click the FSX process (don't expect FS window to show)

4) Switch to your your FSX window via taskbar

5) Joystick works.

Hopefully this helps people! It works 100% of the time for me.

So, I  think I *may* (I mean *may*) have come across a possible resolution for when  this happens. Even with the USB power settings disabled, it still happens for me.

So, I've noticed, when I ALT+TAB, the joystick "vanishes" for me and when I get back to FS, its gone and I can't control anything.

After playing around, I found something that returns the joystick 100% of the time for me with the flight still running.

1) Open up task manager

2) Look at the processes and locate FSX

3) Double click the FSX process (don't expect FS window to show)

4) Switch to your your FSX window via taskbar

5) Joystick works.

Hopefully this helps people! It works 100% of the time for me.

Hi,

that used to work for me as well. Sadly, not anymore...so this is also not a 100% fix.

I sett all the controls in FSUIPC. Everything worked, during taxi everything stopped.

Even setting the controlls via FSUIPC does not work

Hi

yesterday evening I try a new solution for our problem....

Localize fsx.exe >>  properties >> Compatibility and set " Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 7 ".

After this setting I flew for 3 hours without to loose the joystick control.

I don't know if this solve the problem.... I have to check for many time.... but I hope !

Try people try ! :rolleyes:

That's been tried too,and it caused performance issues since it's running under emulator mode

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

That's been tried too,and it caused performance issues since it's running under emulator mode

I didn't see performance issue.

The frame rate was the same.

I have a limit to 30frame/sec.

But I'll check again in the next days

I didn't see performance issue.

The frame rate was the same.

I have a limit to 30frame/sec.

But I'll check again in the next days

Also this fix doesn't solve the problem !! :(

Yesterday, after about 1 hour of flight, I lost my joystick control.... :mad:

Like I said before,it's an OS thing. Maybe Windows 8.1 or 9 will adress this.

Will it make post 500?

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So, the task switch stopped working for me and I started getting joystick disconnects every flight. I took the time to use FSUIPC to control my jostick and now haven't had any disconnects for 3 days (touch wood). Phew.

Yes,I tried that too,and while you'll get a lot less disconnects,it still happens.

One was one too many for me,and that's why I went back to Windows 7 again.

Maybe Windows 8.1 will adress this issue,but I'm not hopeful.

Jude Bradley

A few other people have asked this. First, there is an FSUIPC sub-forum here at AVSIM. After you read over the pages in the users manual regarding setting joystick axes and buttons, you can ask specific questions there. Unfortunately, I have never been able to locate an online video tutorial that is a walk through of how to setup at joystick with FSUIPC. There is also another piece of software (LINDA) that is similar to FSUIPC, but is geared just towards controlling a joystick, so it might be easier for you to understand and use.