Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Not sure if you using Prepar3D either but this may help.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1751

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Strangely in my case this only seems to be happening when connecting Flight Sim Commander 9 to FSX. I've tried 5 flights from EGKK - LSZH, with FSC connected to FSX my joystick (Sidewinder Pro) was gone by the time I was ready to taxi. Without FSC I was able to complete the whole flight without any problems. Is anyone of you using FSC 9 connected to FSX?

Disregard my last post, it just happened again without FSC on short final. I also have the full version of FSUIPC and the joystick axes configured there as well. Strangely first the joystick disconnects from FSX, then I am able to continue controlling the plane due to FSUIPC but after approx. 1 minute FSUIPC doesn't see the joystick anymore. By the way I am using Windows 8 Pro and FSX (Acceleration Pack).

Go to windows device manager and right click on USB hubs and select properties/ power management tab then untick box that says USB goes to sleep etc etc that should stop it. Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Don't know if you guys have tried this but I have just posted my 'workaround' to this problem in another post after being redirected to this one.

http://forum.avsim.n...s/#entry2550178

I've tried the solution of setting up all my axes via FSUIPC and that has so far not worked for me. If you go to your FSX folder and find the FSX.exe file in there make sure to set it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and this problem will go away for ever. Haven't really noticed any difference in performance after doing it but the problem has never reoccurred for me since.

It's fairly simple workaround and I doubt that it will get any better than this if we choose to stick with Windows 8. I do enjoy the quicker loading times and generally better performance overall than Win 7.

The strangest thing is that this problem only started to occur for me over the past week and I've been dual booting my existing Win 7 and Win 8 installs for a few weeks now.

When I tried doing the compatibility work around - I swear it didn't fix the issue for me.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Compatability fixes and usb power saving did not help me either.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

HI All,

I have the disappearing Joystick problem too.

FSX SP2 (no acceleration)

Win8 Pro 64bit

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Pedals and extra quadrant.

I am noticing that the problem occurs with the PMDG NGX (during preflight) and I have been unable to get it back with all the suggestions above. My control axes don't work in FSUIPC when this happens either, so doing full calibration there is useless.

I DO NOT have the problem with the Real Air Duke, I am able to fly around for hours in this aircraft with no issues.

I have noticed during a recent re-install that the PMDG NGX installer does something with Direct X (it installs something) which interests me. But other than that I have nothing to add.

Regards

Greg

Unfortunately that didn't help. I also have the USB selective suspend setting on DISABLED under the Windows 8 power options. What is quite strange is that this only started happening a few days ago without changing anything on the system.

Running FSX in Vista SP2 compatibility mode looks promising so far. Unfortunately I've noticed a small drop in FPS and I had to reactivate all my FSDT products but so far so good...

Unfortunately Vista compatibility mode is also a no go (at least in my case). The disconnect happened right after touchdown. By now I've tried nearly everything.

Have you tried reinstalling directx again with admin previliges?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just to make sure that it wasn't the joystick itself causing the problem, I've tried another brand new joystick (Saitek) and got the same results. This definitely seems to be an operating system issue.

Anyone tried this suggestion?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625368738663/

Run the joystick hardware in compatibility mode.

Jude Bradley

I've tried everything I could think of with my CH yoke and pedals execpt the above post. I downgraded (or upgraded) to WIN7 and I'm back to trouble free flying. I will continue to monitor these joystick threads until it is addressed or a workaround is found. My fingers are crossed that compatibility mode will fix it.

Chuck Biggins