Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

I just thought I'd say that I had this issue too with the same joystick under the Windows 8 OS. I have now gone back to Windows 7 anyway, where my joystick has worked perfectly.

For what it's worth, I tried doing some circuits (i.e. AP would not get enabled at any point) and the joystick still cut out when I was mid-way through making a turn. So it's not an issue with the aircraft at all, but it seems rather an issue with Windows 8.

Had issues like this when I had some modules plugged into USB 3.0. A additional 2.0 card and a 2.0 hub fixed the issues I was having immediately.. Just a thought or something to check not Win8 related.

Jeff

Had issues like this when I had some modules plugged into USB 3.0. A additional 2.0 card and a 2.0 hub fixed the issues I was having immediately.. Just a thought or something to check not Win8 related.

Jeff

I tried that using my Screen Ports as a hub.

It lasted much longer, but ended with same result :(

I really hope we can find a fix for this, I like Windows 8 so far despites its live apps failing on me and now this

Although I do not use a second monitor as Leclercq A. above, I have noticed that by changing the focus between open programs (minimizing, maximizing, clicking here and there) I usually manage to restore the joystick's functionality without doing anything in FS except checking now and then whether the sticks is responding or not. If not, I continue going through my open programs until I succeed. Not being able to restore it is a very rare occurence however if it doesn't work when I first start FS it never will. I am still trying to identify what of all this that I'm doing actually does the trick but no luck so far. For example yesterday after starting descending with the joystick dead I opened up windows explorer, went to the recycle bin and -what to do?- I emptied it! Back to FS and guess what, jostick active again. After turnaround during push-back I tried the recycle bin trick again, no luck whatsoever! Maybe it's random, who knows!

It has happened to me a few times and a quick ctrl-alt-del and click task manager fixed the issue. Ill keep plugging away to find permanent solution.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Does hitting "J" two times bring it back?

Sounds like a driver issue. If the USB ports worked with all your stuff plugged-in, on Win7, they should work on Win8. Maybe 32/64 bit? USB 2.0/3.0?

Dave

I also noticed the joystick comeback after change the dislplay mode: (Alt + Enter)

• Upvote 1

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I also noticed the joystick comeback after change the dislplay mode: (Alt + Enter)

at some occasions, yes, but not all the time

I've tried many different things now. Some things seemed to work at first, but a few flights later it would still disconnect. So I've returned to windows 7 and everythings good now.

I have the same problem with my Saitek yoke and Sidewider Joystick. I had this problem with Windows 7 but it isn't gone after installation of Windows 8. After flying with de NGX online a couple hours is my joystick gone and only mouse yoke available. Sometimes at decent point/ approach/ mid flight... it looks like random... Powersaving is not the problem, after running FSX the whole night standing at a gate i can control the plane with my Saitek or/and joystick. And if i fly hours offline i dont have any problem at all :unsure:

Hi! I have the same issue with X-Plane! The logs state that the Joystick was "unregistered". This happened suddenly, when Joystick was in idle for some time. No Chance to recover. Started with Windows 8. Also disabled power-save etc., but does not help at all. Seems that the new USB-Driver from Win8 (with USB 3.0 support) has an issue. I made a post at the Microsoft Forum. Waiting for some proper answer. See ya Os-Man

From my experience so far, Windows 8 seems to work best if it's an upgrade from another OS rather than a 'clean' install.

My last clean install failed so I've gone back to Windows 7 :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

From my experience so far, Windows 8 seems to work best if it's an upgrade from another OS rather than a 'clean' install.

My last clean install failed so I've gone back to Windows 7 :)

I did that upgrade from my Win 7, and my metro apps werent working, so i had to clean install, now this.. :(

Hey Folks! I got an answer from Microsoft, which was a bit disappointing. They have mentioned that those Drivers are coming from the vendors (in my case Logitech), not von Microsoft - although I have mentioned that this seems to be a generic issue, not related to a single product. They recommend to contact the vendor, which I definitely will do! You should maybe contact your Joystick vendor as well. If vendors receive lots of support request , we might be able to get this issue fixed with Win8.