Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

I also have this Problem with the QW BAE 146 and the A2A P51 Civil w. Accusim. Since PMDGs and the before mentioned are very resource hungry I assume the Joystick Problem occures when FSX putting high stress on the System.

it might be useful to have a poll on this issue with the following criteria

fsuipc used

clean or upgrade install

hardware

chipset

vendor

aircraft flown when issue occured.

I really do like Win8 but it's unusable for me at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

My guess is this issue is not gonna be fixed, FSX is starting to grow old for the newest OS's.

it's not fsx,it's window 8.

it's been reported in X-Plane too.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If you have a registered version of fsuipc - Put your joystick through that and disable controllers in the actual game itself. Then see if it still happens.

Unfortunately it still happens - at least on my system...

My Saitek X52 Pro was unstable under USB3.0 which was obviously fixed by moving it to a USB2.0 port.

This was under Win7 but it might be worth looking at if you've decided to use Win8.

J

Jason Jackett

No USB 3.0 on my Z68 mobo

Jude Bradley

Well it's been an interesting weekend... So I completed 5 flights if various lengths. The only time I lost my controls was after an KGEG to KBOI leg. While sitting at the gate I decided to load FS2crew and that was all she wrote... I repeat I do not think this related to FS2crew... So I will try to get in a few more flight of diffrent lengths this week...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

It's odd that my TrackIR still works when the controllers dissapear.

I don't think it's purely a USB issue,but possibly a directx input issue.

Jude Bradley

Running P3D in Win8 64 bits with Saitek yoke. Everything is mapped through FSUIPC and the controllers are disabled in p3D. I usually don't get dropouts, but every once in awhile when I tried to map new buttons through fsuipc the controllers disappear. Every now and again means the last five times : (

I have noticed that the controllers seem to be invisible to p3d while still being recognised by fsuipc.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Problem is suddenly back, 2 weeks without any problem. Since this weekend i can't do any flight without losing my yoke. At final after ILS interception i can't control flaps and every button on my yoke.

Strange thing is, i reset FSUIPC and the problem is back. When i load a savegame are all my controls controllable again.

Is there any solution for this??

• Upvote 1

Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro

I changed to this old joystick from a Saitek Cyborg because it, too "disappeared" from FSX.

FSX Version: Gold.

Clean install of Windows 8 (64) and proprietary Windows 8(64) drivers installed for

the motherboard and graphics card.

This occurs most often when trying to fly a "high spec" aircraft, such as a Captain Sim Boeing

or the Milviz Sabre.

It still occasionally recurs even with the default Cessna 172.

As above, the joystick remains in "Devices and Printers" BUT the calibration page is blank there as well,

probably because that's the one that FSX opens.

I have also disabled the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in both the Sidewinder and its

USB HID compliant controller entries in Device Manager.

I am certain that this is a Windows 8 problem,not FSX specific and related to the USB software.

A friend of mine loses his USB keyboard whenever he loses his controller, I use a PS2 socket so as to be able to edit

bios entries.

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution and am monitoring several forums including my post on Microsoft's

own, in the hope that someone will find a permanenent solution.

I notice that I have been a forum member for 5 years and this appears to be my first post, sorry...

Nick.

Joystick:CH Yoke and Pedals

Flight Simulator version: FSX w/ Acceleration, no FSUIPC

Happens to me about 30 minutes into preflight with NGX, (not saying only the NGX, it's the only one I've been flying lately). WIN 8 x64 reports them when FSX only shows mouse. I have been flying in mapped mode with the CH Control Manager when this happens. I recently switched it to direct (not the preferred method) and have not had any disconnects after 3 short flights. I will try some of the tricks mentioned here and report back.

Chuck Biggins

Don't know if you guys have tried this but I have just posted my 'workaround' to this problem in another post after being redirected to this one.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394651-fsx-and-windows-8-random-loss-of-control-axes/#entry2550178

I've tried the solution of setting up all my axes via FSUIPC and that has so far not worked for me. If you go to your FSX folder and find the FSX.exe file in there make sure to set it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and this problem will go away for ever. Haven't really noticed any difference in performance after doing it but the problem has never reoccurred for me since.

It's fairly simple workaround and I doubt that it will get any better than this if we choose to stick with Windows 8. I do enjoy the quicker loading times and generally better performance overall than Win 7.

The strangest thing is that this problem only started to occur for me over the past week and I've been dual booting my existing Win 7 and Win 8 installs for a few weeks now.