Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

PMDG JS41 FPS

I have recently purchased the PMDG JS41 and am really disappointed with the FPS. I do not have FPS problems with any other add-on aircraft including the Flight1 Mustang. Is something not set up properly? My system specs are...

I7 3770K 3.9 GHZ

16 GB Ram

Nvidia 670 2 gb

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks,

John

Hm, not good news, I was actually going to buy this to tie me over to the T7... Do you have the NGX?

23.png

In the config manager, there are some setting you can turn down to help FPS, like being able to see the ugly passengers, and icing effects on the wings. You will gain performance turning these off or down. Try that and see. This really is IMO the best aircraft PMDG ever made.

If you play with the JS41 settings, as William said, and maybe lower some sliders a notch in FSX you'll surely get 30 FPS. I can run it well on my system which is half of yours, so...

Cheers

I getter fps with the NGX than with the J41. J41 for me is like the F1 Mustang.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why don't you post a message in the PMDG JS41 forum? It's right here on Avsim.

James

Because they will tell you that its your unsufficient pc that cannot handle this addon. This is a perfect place to ask about this plane.

Hi John,

One suggestion, Turn the refresh rate in the configurator for the displays down. I think mine are at 66%. It's been a long time since I've opened it, so I'll check tomorrow if that is wrong. That.... and use medium settings overall, turn off icing effects, and you should see improvement, Hope this helps you enjoy this product.

Best, Jeff

I have a similar PC as you. I had some performance issues until I used *******'s online FSX.cfg config tool., link below. No problems with the JS41 now. Keep working at it. This plane is worth it. It's all I'm flying right now.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

To echo some other replies here... there are some things you can do in the included JS41 Config editor to increase FPS a lot. Here's what I personally do, and with this I can achieve locked 40fps:

Medium resolution displays

No passengers in exterior model/no icing effects

No icing effects in the virtual cockpit

Turn down the refresh rate for pilot to 66% and copilot to 0% (turn off)

This made a huge difference in FPS for me, for very little trade off in actual visual quality or functionality.