Sign in to follow this  
fisheye

Missions Crashing FSX

I just recently, after about four months, tried a mission in FSX and had a CTD. This is the sequence of events; Step 1; chose a mission and went to briefing page. Step 2; Chose a default mission and clicked "Fly". Step 3; Mission loaded showing textures and in "Pause Mode" Step 4; Pressed the "P" key to take out of Pause and FSX immediately Crashes to desktop. I reverted back to the default fsx.cfg file with no luck and still crashed. Step5; reset all settings inside FSX.CFG to default settings and still CTD. I checked the mission folders both in the root of FSX and in my documents folder and they are all there and seem to be intact. I have a ton of scenery add on's but don't see how that could cause the problem unless they tax the resources too much. I have been flying MSFS since BAO so I am extremely adept to the workings of the program. Short of reinstalling FSX is there an obvious fix that I can make. I have been BETA Testing the new piggy back Combat Pilot Program by Mad Catz which is about to be released but they say nothing in their files should have changed the mission configurations. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix. Thanks, fisheye

PS. Have most of the ORBX sceneries, FSDT airports, and others. Could they have added a mission and changed something upon installation?

I just saw your post and I am having same issue. I have fsdt airports, numerous aircraft addons, rex, ultimate terrain, ultimate traffic 2 and gex. (2600k oc 4.4 nividia 570) My recent new installs were rex essentials and cap sim 737/727. I have no other issues with my fsx. let me know if you find a solution.

That was it, now everything is working just fine. I had installed the Alpha version of the latest FSRecorder since deleted and it is now fixed. Thanks for the help.

I have a similar problem and on checking my windows event logs to see why FSX is crashing, it always shows the route of the problem is FSRecorder.dll

I have a long term problem with FSRecorder crashing FSX especially when trying to save a flight.