Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Request: stop the requests

Every day when I browse to the forums, I'm recently seeing nothing more than:

- When will the 777 release?

- Could PMDG please give us an update?

- Is PMDG still there?

- Will the 777 release before Christmas?

- Could we please get a video preview?

- Could we get more screenshots?

- Is the 777 already in beta stage?

- Is PMDG working a 787?

- Is PMDG working on an Airbus?

- Can we please get an An-225?

- Is PMDG working a Wood Pigeon?

- Will the 777 have a weather radar?

- Will the 777 have fully animated flight attendants who you can take the clothes off?

- Will the 777 have a fully animated toilet?

The answer to all of the above questions is simply: NO.

So therefore my request is to please stop these requests, you're not gonna make PMDG answer them anyway. They never give release dates when we ask for it, they never give us anything when we ask for it. So be it and that's no problem. If they want to give us an update, they'll do it by themselves when they feel the need for it. Just be patient, the 777 will be right here with us in less than a year, just be patient, fly the all the other wonderful products and discuss things on the forum that does not involve requests for release dates, pictures, videos, updates, or anything else for that matter.

P.S. I just realised I contradicted myself by making a request. :LMAO:

Best thing Arjen is just to not respond to the topics.. Some are ridicolous, however, I understand the concern when there hasn't been an update since the summer. A let down, is an understatement for me.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It's how it's been since day one. Ignore it. It ebbs and flows with every release. 777 will come and the 747 craziness will begin. Will never, ever go away.

When there is NO information, those are the type of topics you get.

If there was information or a released plane there'd be a ton of topics about it as opposed to the "request" threads.

Also, if this is PMDG's official forum and you wanted to request something, where SHOULD you post the request?

In conclusion, no one is forcing any topic on any other forum goer. I despise the hardware questions in the PMDG forums, so I don't read them. Don't like "I want <XXX> plane" Don't read it. Simplest solution I can put forth.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Actually, these forums have been very quiet compared to when the NGX was being developed. I'm sure Ryan and the crew would agree.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I nominate this as thread of the year. Most of these "requests" are the forum equivalent of spam mail or robo calls. Annoying beyond belief.

- Will the 777 have fully animated flight attendants who you can take the clothes off?

:O perv :lol:

Swofford is so right.

If you take the trouble to check the posts in May/June/July 2011 in the NGX forum, you will find very similar topics regarding:"so when will it be ready?", "I can't wait anymore", "why no updates?", etc. etc.

And after the B777, a new set of complaints will start, soon after the excitement of a new PMDG announcement.

In the meantime, please enjoy the season and have very happy holidays. It will be much more productive.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

What I find so very annoying is having to trawl through so many infantile postings in order to find the intelligent, thought-provoking items that make visiting the site so enjoyable. Why these people have to harp on so much, when they know that PMDG will time their announcements in order to maximise their publicity, I cannot understand.

I can only live in hope that one day this forum will concentrate on its original objective - to provide a technical support forum.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

- Will the 777 have a fully animated toilet?

You've been playing The SIms again, havent you? :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I agree with Alex - you can't expect people not to start asking questions by talking to the forum a couple of times a year. It's all good people saying "This is PMDG, what do you expect". Not everyone knows that - I had no clue about these forums and never really grasped them until a couple of months ago, along with PMDG's ways of things.

:O perv :lol:

:LMAO:

I had no clue about these forums and never really grasped them until a couple of months ago, along with PMDG's ways of things.

I think you have a pretty good grasp on things here now though.

Just Kidding, In all seriousness it is good to have people like you here to actually be able to contribute and answer the request threads so I don't have to bother reading them. ^_^

Chuck Biggins

When will PMDG release the release date?

(Don't look at me like that! Alex ran out of popcorn and Luke isn't sharing. -_- )

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

So therefore my request is to please stop these requests, you're not gonna make PMDG answer them anyway. They never give release dates when we ask for it, they never give us anything when we ask for it.

(violin and cello tuning up)

“Oh, here we go again.”

(Aubrey) "Killick! Killick there!"

“Which it will be ready when it's ready!”

-- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)