Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Warning about the new 310.70 drivers

Just installed these new drivers and they've really had a bad effect on FSX - very bad spiking and about 5-10 lower fps.

The really bad part is even after fully uninstalling the 310s and returning to 306.97s, I still get some spiking and stutters (I had none before)...argh :mad:

It seems I'm not the only one:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394190-cant-get-rid-of-spikes/

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So OK, trying them now on two systems, one using FSX Acceleration and the other FSX Deluxe SP2 and not seeing any issues here. All seems well. <shrug>

Thanks much,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

There is something strange....I had a lot of screen lock ups with the new drivers, they all went away when I went back to 306.97

Tried them didn't have any issues but FPS were definitely 5-6 FPS lower than any others pre 310.xx I personally have found the 304.xx series my favorite...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Bad luck with the 310.70's here also including a CTD or two, which I have yet to experience with previous drivers.

Zero issues with these drivers here - are you guys cleaning the old ones out correctly first? I uninstall everything Nvidia from control panel and then use Driver Fusion to make sure. Then check the "clean install" custom option when you install the new set.

It's extremely unlikely that any new set of drivers is going to do something to a 6+ year old game like FSX. The optimizations they're doing in these new sets are for Planetside 2, Far Cry 3, BF3 Aftermath etc - brand new games.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan - I did uninstall the 306s first (including PhysX) but didn't use anything like Driver Fusion...

I hope this isn't gonna be the turning point where all the next NVIDIA drivers will not work anymore for FSX. :(

I hope this isn't gonna be the turning point where all the next NVIDIA drivers will not work anymore for FSX. :(

Oh goodness not this again... :lol:

Why in the world would Nvidia intentionally "blockade" FSX with their drivers? Makes no sense honestly....

Oh goodness not this again... :lol:

Why in the world would Nvidia intentionally "blockade" FSX with their drivers? Makes no sense honestly....

Maybe for the same reason that Glu Mobile blocked FSX on Gamespy ..

ie Told that FSX was Obsolete, and no longer sold or supported.

Not so much BLOCKING FSX with their drivers, but no longer "ensuring" OPTIMUM backwards compatibility.

Example: FSX and Windows 7 ( ref: uiautomation.dll)

FSX and Windows 8 ( ???? issues )

----------

IMHO, I think that FSX is now BETTER support by the FS Community, and it's addon developers, than it ever was by Microsoft.

( Peter Dowson obviously comes to mind )

Oh god, wish I had seen this yesturday....

My second FSX rig uses the GTX670 running 3 x 19" screens, and was having regular driver (v306.97) crashes, but it always just went black, then came back on, and after updating to this new version, Windows would no longer run stable, it kept distorting the desktop, like some crazy 60's pattern and running FSX just crashed the entire PC...

So how/where can I get older drivers from, for my GTX670 guys?

I'd like to try removing everything Nvidea and installing an older version if possible, than the previous v306.97..

The GTX670 should comfortably run 3 x 19" via DVI shouldn't it?

Installed 310 and got the dreaded "your Graphics Card is not compatible etc etc" ended up having to re-install Windows and FSX again!!!!! After scouring this and other FSX related forums, :wacko: it seems there is "not" an answer to this particular problem, so beware! Total nighmare! :O :mad:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Wow...come on guys...use your heads. It is a sign for the end of times. Nvidia is kicking it off by not supporting FSX anymore....in fact, discarding it...then...the 21st comes....and nobody supports FSX anymore....

I knew this was coming.

What a bunch of doomsday experts :P