Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Ariane's 737 is great, I highly recommend it

"It's been said here that the FMS is not fully functional (no progress page, etc),";)

Guest Svein Hansen

Why dont you kids step down and let the adults talk!Its funny how moderators lets someone terrorise this forum with junk posts,while others trying to speak in a professional and serious matter,get their thread locked...Cant figure this out...must be in the twilight zone here:(

Guest Ken_Salter

Your attitude is no different. Your postings are full of vitriol.Funny how we let poeple post junk posts...

Guest Svein Hansen

With all repect sir.Someone had to point this out,and that be in a harsh matter if thats what it takes.I think people in here earn the right and respect to be heard.No matter if it is a pmdg product or an ariane product.This thread does nothing but conclude on my sayings in the locked thread...without going into that discussion.

>Its funny how moderators lets someone terrorise this forum>with junk posts,So far you win the prize for the most 'junk' post in this thread. Michael J.

Guest Svein Hansen

You havent got the respect for me to be answered on that one.Sorry:(BTW.Did you receive that 1000$ from Airane yet,Eric?:):)

Seems like...."Why dont you kids step down and let the adults talk"and"This thread does nothing but conclude on my sayings in the locked thread...without going into that discussion."....don't jive with your attempt to bring "professional" discussion on the subject. Do you know what a professional does? Giving you the benefit of the doubt that these threads get axed too soon, you chose to take the "low" road and attack the moderators. Why didn't you choose to lay some ground rules instead to the "kids" you think are causing the trouble (I suspect you disrespected several with more years and life experience than you with the "kids" comment).Here's my suggestion~No one working for Ariane or PMDG or any company should ever be caught posting here for any type of compensation. I don't know if anyone ever has, but I would consider such a post fraud and the feds here in the States have prosecuted (and convicted) at least one such person for making manipulative web posts for financial gain.~Unless anyone has proof, no one here should ever accuse someone of being a shill.~Don't blame the moderators... I've seen a half dozen threads like this one that I find suspect, and yet they've stayed. Locking a thread is quite different from deleting it..... A good moderator locks a thread when things get caustic, but the opinions still stand.Anyway, please don't come into the forums as if you "own" the place and think you can fool us as to your intent. A large portion of us have worked in a professional role longer than you've walked the earth, I suspect...'nuff said

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, I see here another post which may have started with good intentions and will soon end up in the vault of 'locked no replies'.I think John C said it best, and perhaps we should all go re read his words. It's really time for the back-biteing to stop, and the 'my dad's tougher than your dad', it proves nothing and just ends up with lots of irate individuals.Let people post what they think on products and either accept it or reject it. And leave it at that. If you can't have an honest discussion about a subject without getting nasty and personal, then perhaps you don't need to voice your input.There are an awful lot of 'so called adults' here that are really acting like children. And, some of the younger ones with more sense than some of the adults . . .it's all in the mindset.The anyone bashing needs to stop . . . it accomplishes nothing.Sorry if my spelling is bad today, my fingers arn't working quite so well and my arthritic joints are hurting like the blazes.Best,Clay

Problem .. subjective reviews Possible solutionFind a retired 737-700 pilot who has time on his handsCreate a checklist of EVERYTHING you would find in an ATP level 737-700 Training simultor.Create a Spreadsheet listing all the CAT D simulator features then compare it to the Ariane and Pmdg packages..Let a real type rated 737-700 pilot use and compare the packages with the CAT D sim and his experience..Present the results in an OBJECTIVE way .. with no opinions (Athough im sure he would have one by the end of the reviews) .. just list what x has and what y has and what Z has Let the buyer decideThenk everyone wont be getting their panties in a knot when one prefers the other. :-hah

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest Svein Hansen

Well.I aint gonna argue one that.You are currently trying to act that role as an overmature adult yourself.My life experience is more than most in here i supect,with that beeing totally uninteresting as well.You behave like a kid,your treated as one.When people come in here bashing a good and serious discussion,with such comments as above,they should be treated likevise.At this point you might say i am acting like a children as well.Might be,but as long as moderators dont do their job on keeping such individuals of the forum,someone else have to speak up.I have done nothing else in here but to speak for the right of people to post issues about the ariane products,without people bashing in and spilling their guts out.You might say what gives me the right to it.Nothing.I have maybe 10 posts in this forum,but i have attended to it for years,searching for solutions to many problems.And still will.But this situation about ariane that currently occurs in this forum,is nothing less of intolerable and should in my opinion be acted upon thereby.This is the moderators job,and therefor i feel they could be blamed for it.Simple as that.When this thread started,i thought:look finally a serious post of ariane...maybe.Guess if i was wrong.Took not many lines before it was bashed be a specific person in here.A shame in my opinion.But hey.Guess it's just me right.Because i dont care about the background of either ariane or peter tishma,but about the product 737-900.This is not a simmers forum...cant be.

Guest mike_cyul

By the way, if anyone wants to have a really good look at what I believe is the Ariane VC, have a look at Hollywood's post in the screenshots forum - there's a link at the bottom whereby you can download a big file of screenshots. Best set of pics I've seen yet, in terms of seeing the VC. It's topic #152712, "Holidays with Continental Airlines".Mike F.

>By the way, if anyone wants to have a really good look at>what I believe is the Ariane VC,I think it is PMDG's VC. If this was Ariane's then somehow I fail to see those superior photo-real textures.Michael J.

Well if one only looks honestly at it you will see very quickly the sheer amount of things only appearing to be fucntioning correctly. I give you all a quick look at the AFDS on an ILS approach.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86662.jpgNOTICE here that the APP BUTTON is still lit even after glide slope capture, again not something another sim fails at. SINGLE CHANNEL is suppose to remain untill 1500 RA with a confidence check then kick in the second A/P but not here. Where is the BIAS TRIM at 400 RA? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86665.jpg Even on the GROUND after landing the APP light is still on and the A/T is still on on top of that! I suppose this shows all of us the incredible deatil and attention to the systems depth?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86663.jpg Please someone tell me what is wrong with this picture? If you can figure it out you too will have learned to appreciate the sim already show to be the real standard without a name needed.....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

"This is not a simmers forum...cant be"It's not your post count that makes me question your attitude--it's comments like the one above.If you've been here long enough, you'd know I've will ALWAYS stick up for the underdog. I took a fair bit of heat for getting the Ariane 733--remember those threads? But your sudden role here doesn't seem that of the underdog. It seems you're here because you have a problem being here--you don't like the way things are done and you think the moderators aren't doing a good job. You do have a right to that opinion--I don't deny anyone that right. But mind your manners as to how you express it. You've shown manners here that don't jive with the wisdom you say you have. Perhaps it is more a language/cultural barrier--I have to give you that benefit of the doubt. Anyway I challenge you to improve things. Open your own site/forums. Run it as you see fit. If you post a link here, I'd gladly participate. But you can't come in and run the show here--neither can I. It doesn't work that way.-John

Congrats JohnI couldn't argue better than that. I've take a lot of hits in this community too. I wonder why people with the same hobby can be sometimes so cruel, inmature and disgusting, just because one has not the same opinion. Cheers