Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little bit of "Thank You."

Captains-

I have the unique (and fun!) responsibility of keeping you up to date (or not...<cough>) with the various goings-on in our development cycles as products move from inception to release...

Most of the time, this role is fun because I get to bring you good news- or show you things that we are working with that will excite the simmer in you.

I try to mention now and then that I speak on behalf of the entire PMDG team- not as a prelate of some sort- but as a member of a very solid, very skilled and very cohesive team of developers. Sometimes it is hard to believe that PMDG's first product release was 15 years ago next week- or that some members of the team (Vin and Dr. EV(il)) have been with us for more than a decade. Time just seems to scream by with only a few moments dedicated to looking back at all we have accomplished.

At any rate- around the table at PMDG, we are extremely excited about 2013 because it will encompass a number of firsts for PMDG, and we will be bringing you a range of new products during the coming year that are sure to add hundreds of hours of enjoyment to your simming experience!

None of us are in this line of work for the personal glory, or attention beyond the excitement that you all communicate about our products. We very much enjoy hearing that you like what we produce, but the reality is that we are producing airliner simulations that match our own expectations for what an airliner simulation should be all about... To a person, all of us on the PMDG team wound up on the PMDG team because we had a moment someplace along the way in which we decided, "this can be done better..."

In the corner of my office, I have a shelf that has been slowly collecting various awards and trophies presented to the PMDG team over the years.

A few weeks ago, a new one arrived... The good folks at simFlight thought enough of our PMDG 737NGX to recognize it in their annual awards- and this made me stop and reflect on just how much we have enjoyed delivering the NGX product line to you- and just how much fun it will be to see your reaction to the 777, and also the 747-400 v2.0... (A 744 in the detail level of the NGX? Almost seems too good to be true, doesn't it?!)

Here is an image of the award resting on the conference room table with the NGX:

simflight_award_2012.jpg

So- I guess the point of what I am saying is: THANK YOU.

Thank you to each and every participant in this forum, to those who purchase and use our products, those who talk so kindly about our products and our work in this and other forums... Thank you to those who help us improve our products by providing feedback and ideas...

Thanks to the folks at SimFlight- and thank you to all of you. 2011 and 2012 have been very good to all of us - and we are looking forward to a rousing 2013!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well done and thankyou guys for your amazing simulator addons!

Chris Howard

good wine needs no bush!!

Thank you! for making these wonderful airplanes.

Merry Christmas and a very good 2013 to all of you.

Eric

Congratulations you earned it very well :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

No! Thank you. For the many hours of enjoyment your product (NGX) has given me.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

So that's the PMDG office(s) :biggrin:

Seriously - thank you all for the hard work! You make a lot of peoples dreams somewhat true, lots are unfortunate and will never take the left, or right seat of an airliner - you guys bring that experience to them, in probably the best way that is possible with the resources available through technology these days.

The future is only looking brighter :rolleyes:...

No dont thank us Robert WE THANK THE PMDG team for producing the best addons on the flightsimming market "My opinion" A merry Chistmas and a happy new year is sent to you guys from sweden.

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Thank you all for what you guys have done. 15 years is quite the accomplishment.

So that's the PMDG office

Sweet conference room/office if you ask me.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sure beats FS2Crew's office in Starbucks. B)

Nice secretary by the way :P

Congrats! Thought I was the only one who caught that.

Thanks to the folks at SimFlight- and thank you to all of you. 2011 and 2012 have been very good to all of us - and we are looking forward to a rousing 2013!

SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE 777 WON'T BE OUT IN 2012!?

Kidding. Oh, the forum stuff you must endure :lol:

Thank you for your top of the line FS products, and for making my mouth water by reminding me of the 744(see my username).

Thanks to you too, for bringing high quality and detailed addons, making us really able to see as close as it gets to the real thing. Though of course it still only simulation. Keep on going like that, there is no more you need to do, and continue taking your time to release addons you are happy with like always :)

[...] A 744 in the detail level of the NGX? Almost seems too good to be true, doesn't it?![...]

Oh yes! Even thinking of the fact that a 747-8i/f will come after that seems surreal! Haha! THANK YOU PMDG! ^_^

Congrats, RSR and the entire team. Enjoy your holidays, we'll start badgering you all starting in 2013. :P

Congrats, Captain, Ryan and all of the PMDG team. Definitely a well-deserved award with many more to come.

Merry Christmas to all, and looking forward to a great 2013.

Rob "Don't Forget the Start Locks!" Mrofka