Sign in to follow this  
NBurgess

ORBX Chichester/Goodwood released !

Do you know whether this is compatible with Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery or does it only go with ORBX England?

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I don't own Horizon VFR so can't speak with any authority on the matter. I did find this reference over in the ORBX compatibility forum

'Any photoreal add-ons, like Horizon or Just Flight's version, are a bit of a "bully" in that FSX automatically displays photoreal textures on top of landclass-based textures, regardless of scenery priority in the scenery library menu. We have the same issue with MegaScenery Earth or SimSavvy in North America and the solution is to deactivate those photoreal tiles that overlap with the FTX area; see http://www.orbxsyste...nw/#entry153578'

I'm not sure i've ever tried this. You wouldn't get any of the orbx textures, but I wonder if any of the objects would still show?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Looks very good, adding this to by buy list, thanks for the head up.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The product info says it needs FTX:Eng installed prior to installation

Jack Cannon

Do you know whether this is compatible with Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery or does it only go with ORBX England?

I am doing a review of this product now covering precisely this question - for Mutleys Hangar.

I will have it submitted it in a few days, but not sure how long it will take to be published....

k

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png