Sign in to follow this  
tam210

Plan - G killing my pc....

Just downloaded new plan G moving map v3 and i have to say it's crippling my pc like you wouldn't believe, after i start it up it hogs my pc even after i close it down the pc is unresponsive i cant even shut it down i have to switch pc off by the button and put it on again.

this was the same with V2 aswell so i uninstalled it but im planning on doing a round world flight and obviously i need plan g as i have spent the last few hours planning the flight with it but it's not any good to me if its going to make my pc bog down for no reason.

is anyone else having similiar issues with this as i cant really see why it would do this to the pc its not like the pc cant handle a map program lol.

thanks.

Maybe something is blocking or scanning it in a way. Some antivirus maybe? Also make sure to run the program as admin. That's with right clicking the shortcut and selecting that option on the compatibility tab. Just in case.

The map display with a lot of details enabled needs some muscle. But even my old dual core PC can run it, so you should be ok.

I had the same issues with it .. gave up using it --which is a shame, because it had some nice features.

I use it on a second machine - using v2 so I have the Google terrain mapping, but it does run like a bit of a hog..... FSCOMMANDER runs much better even linked up to Google Earth, just not quite as nice to look at.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I'm running it on a second PC, an old Pentium IV machine, connected via simconnect (it works quite well using fsuipc), and don't have a problem with it. It really is a great program, chockful of useful information.

I had problems with PlanG until I found the information in section 22.3 Appendix 3 of the Plan-G manual:

"Appendix 3 – Solve the Script Error Issue

The "Script Error" problem mentioned in Section 12, is caused by a Windows internal timer which times out if script processing takes longer than a preset value. You can change this time‐out value – make it longer – to reduce or avoid those annoying messages, but it needs a manual intervention in the Registry."

The manual goes on to describe how to edit the registry but I used the link to Microsoft site and used the "Fix-It" widgit:

http://support.micro...b;en‐us;Q175500

Good Luck.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Do you use a Network Attached Storage (NAS), with a shared My Documents folder for all your PC's? That doesn't work very well with Plan-G, is my experience. Plan-G expects the My Documents folder on the same machine it is installed.

Johan van den Bol.

I had problems with PlanG until I found the information in section 22.3 Appendix 3 of the Plan-G manual:

"Appendix 3 – Solve the Script Error Issue

The "Script Error" problem mentioned in Section 12, is caused by a Windows internal timer which times out if script processing takes longer than a preset value. You can change this time‐out value – make it longer – to reduce or avoid those annoying messages, but it needs a manual intervention in the Registry."

The manual goes on to describe how to edit the registry but I used the link to Microsoft site and used the "Fix-It" widgit:

http://support.micro...b;en‐us;Q175500

Good Luck.

Thank you to all who replied :) just tried this using the microsoft fix it and so far so good my pc doesnt seem to be bogging down but i will test it over next few days and get back to you.

i suggest everyone having this problem tries this fix and it just proves that sometimes reading the manual for things is a bonus thanks for your help all of you and have a good christmas and i hope santa is good to you all lol :lol: