Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 777: How realistic will it be?

In the following video I recorded last year, the inboard ailerons seem to move extremely rapidly—I wonder whether this is due to aircraft vibrations or flight computer interference.

No the Ailerons are extremely sensitive from what I've heard by people flying it in the real world. My mate said he decided to do the control check with the Taxi Camera up on the -300ER, he hadn't seen it in a while so got a little shock/reminder on how sensitive and responsive they are just on the ground. If you watch a lot of 777 flight deck stuff you'll notice the control inputs aren't too extreme unlike say the 737.

Google 'Boeing 777 Flaperon' or go to Ch 9 (Flight Controls) in the FCOM.

It's amazing how much noise the HYD Systems actually make.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

NOTE TO DETAIL-ORIENTED PEOPLE - you can see through the fan stages and out of the rear of the nacelle at this angle. If PMDG does this, they will just have about got everything imaginable! Including the flushable simulated toilets, the screaming baby, the frost on the insides of leaky windows, and on.

Good vids!

No the Ailerons are extremely sensitive from what I've heard by people flying it in the real world. My mate said he decided to do the control check with the Taxi Camera up on the -300ER, he hadn't seen it in a while so got a little shock/reminder on how sensitive and responsive they are just on the ground. If you watch a lot of 777 flight deck stuff you'll notice the control inputs aren't too extreme unlike say the 737.

Thanks for the information. From both cockpit and wing videos, it does seem that flying the B777 requires fewer and smaller inputs. The frequent usage of inboard roll spoilers on B737 approaches makes the latter seem rough and sloppy. The B777 yoke also looks more exact and modern to me.

NOTE TO DETAIL-ORIENTED PEOPLE - you can see through the fan stages and out of the rear of the nacelle at this angle. If PMDG does this, they will just have about got everything imaginable! Including the flushable simulated toilets, the screaming baby, the frost on the insides of leaky windows, and on.

How about touchdown flaps shake?

Here's a nice video!

Insightful video! It really shows how large the undercarriage is. It is amazing how moving the yoke just a few centimeters determines how smoothly this massive thing hits the ground!

Couple of things I noticed. The MLG bogies are not allowed to droop, but are positioned for retraction and touchdown hydraulically. Interesting. The gear are typical in that they are designed to release via the uplocks and then freefall into the down position, with the extend/retract actuator just there to ensure extension. Once the downlocks overcentered in the video, the gear was down and locked. The retract speed seemed slow; was the hydraulic pressure turned down for this test?

I really appreciate these videos, they are pretty sweet. Sierra hotel!

The retract speed seemed slow; was the hydraulic pressure turned down for this test?

Just using the electric hyd pumps, rather than the engine and elec hyd pumps used when in flight.

I hope they release the 777-300ER-CS. This model has a small vent window you can open to let your cigarette smoke out of the cockpit.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I hate to be the one to say it.. But I would really love to know where pmdg are at. An update would be great as "most of the leg work" had been done in october...

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I hate to be the one to say it.. But I would really love to know where pmdg are at. An update would be great as "most of the leg work" had been done in october...

+1

Adam

+1 for that its been 2 months since we heard anything it would be nice with a small update on how things are progressing.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

An update with screenshots! No point just typing about it, time to put your money where your mouth is! (-;