Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Shez releases KONT for FSX

Hopefully he gets the Moving Jetways version out soon!!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hopefully he gets the Moving Jetways version out soon!!

Or an AES compatible version

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just downloaded and installed. For some reason still got some default buildings showing up mixed in with his scenery. I ran the duplicate AFCAD finder and nothing turned up, plus checked to make sure I didn't have any AFCADs lurking in my MegaScenery SoCal folder or elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. I also opened his ADE file and didn't see any exclusions in the AFCAD so I wonder if that's whats causing the default buildings to show. I did notice that there were two .xml files in the scenery folder, not sure why those are there since all of my addon freeware airports dont have .xml files included in the scenery folders. Guess I will remove those and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise its nice to finally have a decent looking KONT for SoCal.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I ran the duplicate AFCAD finder and nothing turned up, plus checked to make sure I didn't have any AFCADs lurking in my MegaScenery SoCal folder or elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything.

MegaScenery X SoCal does seem to be the culprit here, but I can't figure out what to disable either. To make matters worse in my case, MSSoCal and USCities-Los Angeles also seem to be at odds. In short KONT seems to be hosed no matter which way I go. :-(

From what I can see, this looks very nice, and the problems seem to be from other add-ons.

Scott

MegaScenery X SoCal does seem to be the culprit here, but I can't figure out what to disable either. To make matters worse in my case, MSSoCal and USCities-Los Angeles also seem to be at odds. In short KONT seems to be hosed no matter which way I go. :-(

From what I can see, this looks very nice, and the problems seem to be from other add-ons.

Scott

Yep, I spent a few hours last night and tried the following.

KONT with MegaSoCal active = Some default terminals showing up.

KONT w/out SoCal = Fine

I also removed the KONT Afcad that come with MegaSocal and still the same problem. In fact, if I run MegaSocal without the MegaSoCal AFCAD installed the default building become misplaced as well.

It turns out the problem file after testing turning off some files in the MegaSocal/Scenery folder is a file called Socal-Objects or something to that effect. I am in the middle of a defrag at the moment so I cant post the exact name of the file, but its around 700kb and looks to be some type of a re-positioning file that is included, most likely to make all the highrise building in SoCal and other objects line up better with the photoreal textures from the package. When I disabled that file MegaSoCal and KONT seems to work fine and the default terminals dont seem to show up, however I didn't fly around the area or downtown LA to see what the consequences where of disabling that file.

I had emailed Shez last night, but by the time I figured out what the offending file was it was like 4am and I was too tired to email him back to let him know the results. As soon as my defrag is done I will contact him and let him know my findings and see if he can make some type of a different exclude that will work with the offending MegaSoCal file enabled.

In the mean time try and disable that file and see if it works for you. Might improve the problem your having with the USCities-LA as well.

In the mean time try and disable that file and see if it works for you. Might improve the problem your having with the USCities-LA as well.

Yep, that fixes the problem. Good detective work!

I'm sure I'll find a host of things elsewhere that are now just a bit off as a result of disabling this, but this works as a temporary fix.

Thanks, and thanks to Shez for the nice looking airport.

Scott

Thanks for the detective work.

The problem is I dont have MSE Socal which means I cannot test any exclude that I make. However, if you can send me that file I can try and exclude the KONT area.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks for the detective work.

The problem is I dont have MSE Socal which means I cannot test any exclude that I make. However, if you can send me that file I can try and exclude the KONT area.

Shez

Will do Shez. I also set you an email reply earlier basically saying the same as above. I will forward you the file tomorrow for testing. On a side note, I was wondering what you happen if I left that file that causes the problem installed, opened ADE and your AFCAD with FSX open, locked ADE to the sim, slewed over to where the misplaced default terminals are, placed some exclude boxes over them, and then recompiled the AFCAD. Do you think that would work as well?

That would work except when start to place excludes it will start to exclude effects and other things in the KONT scenery.

Shez

On a separate note, could I have a report on the frame rate burden with this scenery?

Thanks

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Do you think that would work as well?

It might, maybe? I would suggest SBuilderX to go in and make the object exclusions with the photo scenery active and Shez's work inactive. This would allow the precision needed, without mucking with the airport data.

That would work except when start to place excludes it will start to exclude effects and other things in the KONT scenery.

If a file with exclusions was made and placed in the same folder as your work, you should be OK. Exclusions in FSX work downwards, affect previously placed scenery. They don't work sideways or affect any files within the folder that the file sits in.

I want to say Thanks for Ontario, Shez. I use to live a little ways from the airport and once had a job where if I timed things right I could see a UPS freighter land just before 5:00PM. It was a crappy job (lol), so seeing the plane come in was one of the highlights!

If a file with exclusions was made and placed in the same folder as your work, you should be OK. Exclusions in FSX work downwards, affect previously placed scenery. They don't work sideways or affect any files within the folder that the file sits in.

This is the one anomaly in this MSE socal problem. The exclude is not working downwards. I have the file, when I get back to home base I will try and work it out.

Shez.

Shez Ansari